LegacyGT.com

Japan's Best Car Theorizes on the WRX STi

tallguylehigh

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/12/subaru-impreza-sti-revealed-possibly/

It looks as though Besr Car has released some recent renderings of what the next STi will look like, and truth be told, at first glance they were good enough to have people think that they might be the real deal.

I think the car looks fantastic- the flared fenders, aggressive front all set this STi apart from the ho-hum WRX. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the exhaust- quad tips from a 4-cylinder seems a bit much, even for a rendering.

Anyways, enjoy!

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/09/2008imprezasti-(6).jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/09/2008imprezasti-(1).jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you go to swrt.com, you can see the 2008 WRC car they revealed yesterday in Frankfurt...

Wow it looks just like the renderings, good for them.

decent damage control from the rex.

Those tailights are still fugly and even though the front and rear bumpers are nice the front headlights look goofy and so does the side view of the car (tribeca humped a wrx)

At least its not fugly overall anymore!!!

Unfortunately, I dont think Americans can get the really cool seats that we see in Europe (RS4, GT3) or Japan (STi, EVO). I hope it isnt because of our expanding waitline (is it?) but rather because of crash testing and airbag restrictions that are on American cars.

That doesnt make the pill any easier to swallow, but it would definately help to know "why"

i think it is also the mentality of american drivers. we want comfort.

i mean look at most of the cars in europe, no cupholders. and the european designers never knew why american versions of their cars always have to have it.... do u think a car with no cup holders would really sell at all in america? besides to the few performance/enthusiast oriented drivers, the rest of america want their big gulp on the way to work/school.

Paul- maybe you could help me out with a question that I have had about the new EVO and STi.

My question is this- the last iteration of the EVO and STi made 276 and 300hp, respectively in the US market.

For the EVO X and STi hatch, I was expecting hp numbers in the 320-330 range, but it looks as though the horsepower numbers are pretty much unchanged. Are these cars still working under the gentleman's agreement in Japan which is keeping the horsepower numbers roughly the same, or are Mitsu and Suby focusing more on engine dynamics than bottom line numbers?

If the STI looks like the chop I am in for one. I just drove the new WRX 5 door and it feels way more refinded a bit faster than my 03wrx in a strait line. It does have too much body roll from what I am used to (I am running BC Racing Coilovers on my 03). Drove the Legacy Spec B back to back and the new WRX feels just as refined. I think if the new STI has the features of the new WRX plus SI Drive, Navi, and hopefully the Alcantera from the SpecB along with 320hp all for the price of the Spec B I will have to choose this over the Legacy. Can wait unitl it is officially released!!!

As far as the seats go....

The ones pictured would be a def. deal breaker. If you are using this car for a daily driver it would simply beat you to death. When I drove the EVO8 I felt the same way, it was one of the shortest test drives I have ever had:(:(:(

You can still have very supportive seat with very aggressive bolstering but still have comfort. The RS4 has such seats.

It's the only thing I miss about my S4

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived