LegacyGT.com

I love this forum! You guys are awesome!

I can sometimes sit for a couple hours going over all the info on this forum. What I did to my car today, oil changes, cvt info, maint info, reasons to spend money, reason to NOT spend money....etc... You guys and (girls?) rock. Thank you for the entertainment. :spin:

I would say, post for post, this 5th gen forum has the least amount of clutter, and most information per post of literally any car forum I've seen. This forum has been so immensely helpful and informative (and enabling) for me. And I just enjoy being here. So yeah, I'll piggyback on this post and express my thanks as well.

When I purchased my first Subaru in 2012, I knew nothing about turbo Subaru's and hadn't done any car wrenching or modding in close to 20 years, save for a few alternators, batteries, brake jobs and oil changes. Everything I have learned about these cars is a result of this great community and the knowledge of the members here. Thanks to everyone and especially the 5th Gen guys for being a great bunch of guys, and gals, and providing me daily entertainment and a sense of belonging to a fantastic community!!!

disgoduc, you hit the nail on the head, thanks for this thread!!!

I gave been on lots of car forums. This is a great forum. The only other forum I have been on that was as good was the Gran Torino Sport forum when I was building my Torino. Again though, like us fifth genners, it was a small community and generally a more mature group of enthusiasts. I as well love this place.

I told my self one upon time not long after i bought my Aus spec 10" lgt that I would keep her stock, then again that was Before, and well before I ever came across this forum, I originally joined more for information side of thing, tips, info abot issues n repair work.

That was before I got to the numerous posts about modding our 5th gens which opened up my world into modfying trubo cars in general and more so our 5th Gen lgts. My 10 Lgt is the 2nd subaru I've owned, but my 1st Turbo car owned. Topics/ guides were read, questions asked, combined that with the many helful enablers here that give valuable and great information the ball started rolling and now is in snowball effect for me, here I am about 2 years later and tints, wheels, ebcs, bov, exhaust, tuned soon to be stage two has been completed with futher work planned out down the track.

Great bunch of guys n gals here, lots of useful and helpful information posted, and a great online subaru community, thats for sure. Glad 2 be introduced to it, glad 2 become part of it.

I'm on a few forums, and this is by far my favorite! Everyone is very helpful, and there's surprisingly a lot less trolls compared to others! I find myself constantly linking threads to people for issues I see on facebook.

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The trick is to buy inexpensive things online at least twice a week so boxes are constantly rolling in. Like... AA batteries on Amazon. And then laundry soap. And a host of other routine boring things.

Is this your coping mechanism so you don't keep buying car parts? Hahahaha.

I agree with this actually. I've turned to buying just every simple and very cheap things to keep myself occupied while I save for the bigger stuff. Plastidipping, vinyl wrap, simple mods, trying to keep the mind busy.

I can't deny, this is a cool group. Very helpful. I sometimes have search results that go back 4 years that are still helpful to me today. A year ago I wouldn't even have thought to attempt the car stuff that I do now. It's all very simple. Just patience, common sense and good advice (you guys) is all you really need. And the right tools of course.

Lol, this is how you disguise your parts purchases! Mine are always maintenance items. My wife went through our shed looking for decorations...luckily my Eibachs and Konis were pretty well hidden, even with the big red box (thanks Eibach!)

• 1 month later...
Yes. I have thought about why the 5th gen forum seems different from others I have perused from time to time. It is probably a combination of many things. I note differences in ages... Old guys like me... veritable youngsters... all in between. I note the successful and convivial juxtaposition of performance guys who own the GT, in all its various iterations - coexisting peacefully with those of us of the N/A ilk. Differences are taken to be just that... not things to be criticized and mocked. I remember early in my time here, one individual who did not play by these rules, and he was summarily dispatched. And the beat goes on. I have learned so much from the denizens of this friendly den of iniquity. My Legacy is so much the better for it... And I thank you all.

Archived