LegacyGT.com

Check eng light on and cruise blinking ??

Hey guys,

I have an 05 legacy in Great shape with 99k on it

Recently check eng light just came on at same time cruise stopped working and cruise light is blinking.

Common prob?? Solution??

My bro has 05 imprez with same deal. Figured it might be common

Thanks for help in advance!!

-Chuck

Stop by any auto parts store, they will ready the code for free.

If it's a simple non-recurring CEL it will reset it's self after four start cycles.

Or you can pull the - battery cable for like 15 minutes.

But seeing how your new here and asking, have the auto parts guy read the code.

There is a sticky at the top of one of the forums with a list of all the codes. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/trouble-codes-cels-26113.html

Or google the code.

I think you can connect the service connectors and turn the key to on the code pop's up in the odometer. Just don't start the car with connectors pluged in.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

yesterday my cel was on as well and the cruise blinkin, but, i think it was from disconnecting the maf plug on the intake, MaxCapacity is right after four start cycles that sucker went off
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

if your good you can even do the start cycles while your driving. Push in the clutch, shut of the engine, start the engine, repeat, just don't be a idoit and bring the key all the way back to lock the steering.

Oh yea, OP it's normal for the cruise light the blink in these cars with CEL.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Or, you've not tightened the gas cap enough. I only thought this would throw a code in the winter but, I did it again in May. A few days later, after tightening the cap, the CE and blinking cruise went away.

Archived