LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

We are going to the dealership after work today. I think they are going to try to make us a deal on the dark gray Limited we test drove on Saturday. I'm going to see if they can find a red one for us since that is the color my wife likes.

Well, the local dealer could not match Heuberger’s offer, so we are going to be going with Heuberger. They can deliver the Forester for $500, but we decided to drive out and ground our lease there. It’s a 8-9 hr trip from KC, but worth it to save $2500-$3000. And we get the exact color we want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, we reconsidered, and are having it shipped to us. I figured up the cost, and the little bit extra is worth not having to drive 18hrs.

Heuberger stuck in a placeholder picture, essentially this is what it will look like:

Crimson%20Red%20Pearl-CR6-131%2C0%2C35-640-en_US.jpg?impolicy=resize&w=756

FYI, if you want a blue or red Forester, you almost have to put a deposit down on an incoming vehicle or order it. They don't stay on the lot long. It was going to be another month before one made it to KC.

Edited by Falcor

• 2 weeks later...

The salesman sent pictures today. We added the side molding and back seat protector. I asked them to not drill holes in the front since Kansas do not use a front plate (I like the tape reminder). Also, the guys mistakenly installed the tow hitch, so we got that for free. I gotta say, doing everything online and over the phone has been great with Heuberger.

e811f721e4e4765e75513b86d83bbd41.jpg

83dbe474b884573a3ebc7b5d6bbe6e2c.jpg

afc76a2fc7a05fc4fa613057fae7236e.jpg

73c7adc9c2e673398a6e516c82125df0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love that rear bumper protector... such a pleasing pattern.

I would stain that light colored cloth so fast though. Slobs like me have to get black interior...

It's grey(ish) leather/leatherette. We have cream colored leather on the current Crosstrek and it's better than I expected. At least on the Forester the edges are dark grey/black so the wear will not show up as bad. Also, red is only available with this color interior unless you get the Touring, then black is the only color.

Edited by Falcor

looking at a '11 tacoma trd off road access cab v6 w/ a 6 speed in magnetic grey metallic to supplement the GT. Quick, somebody talk me out of it.

The new TRD Off Road Tacoma will come in Army Green...

Also, think of the gas mileage! 20mpg if you're conservative, but it's still fairly gutless.

clearly you should buy a 2020.

looking at a '11 tacoma trd off road access cab v6 w/ a 6 speed in magnetic grey metallic to supplement the GT. Quick, somebody talk me out of it.

Have you driven one? I had one as a rental for a business trip. Client was 1.5 hours from the airport- that's all it took to get that idea out my head.

Was actually thinking of one or Colorado. Haven't driven the Chevy yet.

I gotta say, doing everything online and over the phone has been great with Heuberger.

A number of friends here have bought through them and been very happy, too - it's bizarre that you can buy the car, have it delivered to you, and still kill the local dealerships on price. You'd think the local dealership would come around and at least get close on price - basically, my friends went in and said they wanted to buy local, but they weren't price competitive - if they could come down, they would buy here, otherwise they would just have the car sent to them from Heuberger. Each time, the local dealership just passes on the sale.

A number of friends here have bought through them and been very happy, too - it's bizarre that you can buy the car, have it delivered to you, and still kill the local dealerships on price. You'd think the local dealership would come around and at least get close on price - basically, my friends went in and said they wanted to buy local, but they weren't price competitive - if they could come down, they would buy here, otherwise they would just have the car sent to them from Heuberger. Each time, the local dealership just passes on the sale.

There was a member here, name Bronconia, or something like that. He worked in sales at a dealership, he did a pretty thorough explanation of why dealers make the deals they do in a volume sales approach vs traditional sales. Basically, I would bet Heuberger just gets a better deal from SOA because of volume and a local dealer would lose money to get a single sale without being able to make up for it in volume or incentives from SOA. It's easier to make money on service and parts.

There was a member here, name Bronconia, or something like that. He worked in sales at a dealership, he did a pretty thorough explanation of why dealers make the deals they do in a volume sales approach vs traditional sales. Basically, I would bet Heuberger just gets a better deal from SOA because of volume and a local dealer would lose money to get a single sale without being able to make up for it in volume or incentives from SOA. It's easier to make money on service and parts.

This makes perfect sense. It would explain why they did not beat around the bush. They gave me a quote after I gave them all the info on what we were looking for. No haggling needed, I like that.

• I Donated
Have you driven one? I had one as a rental for a business trip. Client was 1.5 hours from the airport- that's all it took to get that idea out my head.

Colorado is way too small inside for me. Have to put the driver's seat all the way back, which makes the rear seat unusable.

Honestly, at this point if I wanted a new pickup, I'd get a Ridgeline. A neighbor just got one, and I sat in one at an auto show. For people who don't have to tow 10,000 lbs, haul a bed full of Sakrete, or drive through a muddy field in low range (i.e. 90% of consumer pickup buyers), it's all the pickup they need, and it's really nice. Great interior, bed has a built in cooler (even has a drain plug), and drives like a Honda Pilot.

The new TRD Off Road Tacoma will come in Army Green...

Also, think of the gas mileage! 20mpg if you're conservative, but it's still fairly gutless.

clearly you should buy a 2020.

the new TRD Pro's are too expensive.

I haven't driven that exact truck but i've driven my friends 2016 that had the TRD suspension but not the rear locker and liked it for what is was, which is a truck. it definitely is by no means quick but felt like how a real truck feels.

so faar you guys are doing a poor job... but the truck itself did a great job of convincing me not to get it. here's the list of shit to be replaced now that it's reached the service center

Wipers

Clutch slave cylinder

4 Tires balanced

Positive cable end

Mudflap clips

6 brake lines for Vermont State Inpsection

Parking brake cables

Front brake pads, rotors, calipers

Replace oil and air filters

this thing must be a rusty mess underneath.

Colorado is way too small inside for me. Have to put the driver's seat all the way back, which makes the rear seat unusable.

Honestly, at this point if I wanted a new pickup, I'd get a Ridgeline. A neighbor just got one, and I sat in one at an auto show. For people who don't have to tow 10,000 lbs, haul a bed full of Sakrete, or drive through a muddy field in low range (i.e. 90% of consumer pickup buyers), it's all the pickup they need, and it's really nice. Great interior, bed has a built in cooler (even has a drain plug), and drives like a Honda Pilot.

Are the morons at Honda that have never driven a real Pick Up still putting the spare in the bed?

I'm still stuck in between a Legacy XT (but the cvt...), the Q50 Sport (interior is meh and no Android Auto, atx only. ), Grand Cherokee Limited (worse interior yet, but easier to change radio later, 8 speed disappointing).

Did you try the Stinger? It was between the Q50 and Stinger for me, and the Q50 sport seats were uncomfortable (too narrow). Really liking the Stinger.

Did you try the Stinger? It was between the Q50 and Stinger for me, and the Q50 sport seats were uncomfortable (too narrow). Really liking the Stinger.

Checked it out at the New York International Auto Show. Good numbers, didn't feel it. Rear visibility also wasn't optimal food me.

Checked it out at the New York International Auto Show. Good numbers, didn't feel it. Rear visibility also wasn't optimal food me.

I test drove one and while it had some giddy up the transmission was slow to pick a gear and start applying that power. Not great visibility and the back seat was a bit of a joke. There were some cool features like passenger seat power controls duplicated on the left of the seat back so the driver and adjust the seat back to normal from inside the car. But that tiny stuff wouldn't be enough to make me switch. Maybe if it had a manual gear box.