LegacyGT.com

130K and over 1qt every 1k

no cams in my future don't want to spin her like that, plus having the 5eat even with valvebody and brass diff bushings, I don't want to eat her alive.

e85 is now an option for me as a local station has it regulary and is only a few minutes from me. I will still tune for 93 for daily, but will also have an e85 map made for fun.

e85 for when I drive to wicked big meet.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you planning on having this setup be your DD? Just curious because I am at the exact same point oil consumption wise and am currently just feeding her oil. I have been weighing my options between just doing new EJ257 and a valve job (with my current vf52 & supporting mods), or doing IAG stage 2 block with 1300 topfeed conv and dom 1.5. So I guess I don't know exactly where your setup stands now, but what made you want to go stage 2 block? or just POWAHH. Have you heard good luck with others who daily a setup similar to where you are headed?

Her daily driven duties are done. I daily a Honda Ridgeline. She is going pure fun car/ race car mode. safety is key, don't want to just blow her up for no reason. I know im not setting any records so adrenaline is all I want. also to know that fuckheads with luxury bought cars wont be able to touch me.

built over bought any day

• 3 months later...
i cant fully decide on doing an e85 map, or running an aquamist kit...

I Installed my meth kit, but ultimately im waiting on e85 tune with flex. Havent tuned with the meth and dont plan to, i dont have the correct failsafes in place.

if going meth, i would use a multi failsafe system. my only problem with e85 is the vehicle will not be driven regularly and i dont want e85 sitting for periods of time.

My tuner is a big fan of meth, for build styles like mine.

I also plan to integrate an intercooler sprayer.

• 3 weeks later...
builder will be doing initial break in of 1000 miles. IAG recommends 3000 before tuning her all out. Ill be doing varied driving on 4psi max for 2k before we can turn up the PSI. Should have her back in my hands end of next week. Ill have about 1 month to pull off 2k of driving so that she can be fully tuned for WBM2018

I did 1200 miles on my ISG stage 2 tuff, then did a tune which isnt balls out but isnt weak either. waiting til i can tune for e85 before pushing her. right now its just on 17lbs but looking to turn it up to 22+ with E

yea after 2500 im going to up her to 15lbs to give her a little heat during the end of break in. then after 3k goal is 24psi

If u dont mind me asking, who is doing the work/tuning?

I see you are in orange county, so you aren't too far from NYC. I did my work with PAS out on the isalnd and strongly recommend them to tune with Dave Brown. Worth the trip if you ask me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Don't turn up the wick too soon, keep calm until the 1000, it will pay off in the end. I know plenty of ppl who do a dyno break in, but I just can't fathom putting down power before valves are seated etc. That said, none of them have had an issue, but these were vq motors.

• 2 months later...

dyno time is complete

Mustang Dyno at DDA in Newburgh NY

20psi tapering to 17psi

402whp/ 346wtq

keeping it tame untill i can install the brass center diff bushings.

Also debating adding meth.

• 2 months later...

Naa, you must wrong...

Really that thing has to be a blast to drive. Be careful when the cold weather comes and the pavement is cold.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
so... ditched the DDA tune, had STiMikey do me a full road tune. Car feels 1000x better. Smoother boost transition, amazing driveability. more power with less boost. no more partial throttle stumble. the DDA tune made power, but just wasnt what i wanted

Glad to hear you got a great tune. I have to agree how amazing these cars are with a great progressive tune. My cars feel like they are NA they are so smooth in power application.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here