LegacyGT.com

Brembo color?

Hey guys I picked up a set of reman brembos from rockauto. They came in uncoated so I plan on getting them powder coated. I was thinking the oem gold would look decent on my car but the place I’m going to doesn’t have a perfect match to it. I was also thinking satin or gloss black. I’m open to any color but nothing too “flashy” like yellow lol

My car is 07 new port blue pearl with 04 sti silver bbs (also thinking of getting these powder coated gunmetal)

Any reason for this? Cheaper and good results if prep is the right way or is powder coat on calipers just a no no?

Factory calipers are covered in paint because paints for brakes handle heat better than powder coating. The powder can disintegrate off the caliper and find its way elsewhere if you track the car or otherwise beat on the brakes, which, unless the Brembos are 100% for the bling factor only, is a consideration you should take in.

Factory calipers are covered in paint because paints for brakes handle heat better than powder coating. The powder can disintegrate off the caliper and find its way elsewhere if you track the car or otherwise beat on the brakes, which, unless the Brembos are 100% for the bling factor only, is a consideration you should take in.

Mostly for the bling. It’s my daily right now (will be a summer car here soon) and it will see some 1/4 miles but no road courses.