LegacyGT.com

A different direction - Lifting a GT

I am in the middle of putting a parts list together, but I had an interesting idea of lifting my GT and making it bit more off-road capable. I live in the midwest United States and between the snow & potholes, having a lowered daily-driver is just asking for issues.

There is a great company (Primitive Racing) that sells a 1.5" lift (parts detailed below) that is compatible with the base 2011 Legacy.

• Primitive Racing's Rear Subframe Spacer kit
  • Primitive Lift spacers (depending on lift height)

This link is for the entire Outback kit

These parts look to be just moving the entire suspension away from the body, so no reason why it wouldn't work on a GT?

(I'm going with these tires too in 215/65R17)

I am in the middle of putting a parts list together, but I had an interesting idea of lifting my GT and making it bit more off-road capable. I live in the midwest United States and between the snow & potholes, having a lowered daily-driver is just asking for issues

There is a great company (Primitive Racing) that sells a 1.5" lift (parts detailed below) that is compatible with the base 2011 Legacy.

These parts look to be just moving the entire suspension away from the body, so no reason why it wouldn't work on a GT?

I think you maybe over thinking it, I have no problem with snow and just avoid potholes.

If your trying to justify this for offroad, checkout this guy build

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/project-legacy-gt-outback-begins-244041.html?t=244041&highlight=

I think you maybe over thinking it, I have no problem with snow and just avoid potholes.

If your trying to justify this for offroad, checkout this guy build

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/project-legacy-gt-outback-begins-244041.html?t=244041&highlight=

Same here in Mass, we can get tons of snow and my Legacy goes through with no issues (6 years now). I always avoid potholes if I can, but sometimes they sneak up on me :eek:

Check out subtle Solutions and Anderson Design Fab for other options.

FWIW, I replaced my '10 springs with '13 3.6R springs and 1" strut top spacers with great results. No more embarrassing scraping going in to the grocery store parking lot, and it still looks stock to me. the springs are noticeably stiffer, about like how a stock sport sedan should be. The alignment is also fine.

I am in the middle of putting a parts list together, but I had an interesting idea of lifting my GT and making it bit more off-road capable. I live in the midwest United States and between the snow & potholes, having a lowered daily-driver is just asking for issues.

I live out in Schaumburg and traverse to Chicago semi-regularly in my 3.6R lowered on Konis+H&R springs. Despite how sh!t our roads are, I've never come across anything in the area that made me think "man I wish my Legacy was higher". Granted, I've adjusted how I drive to account for being lowered, but I think you'd benefit much more from swapping to the 2013 Legacy struts and springs, since you're a 2011. The 10-12's had much squishier springs and struts, the 2013's will give you a better ride with better damping (less bound and rebound, which can save you from bottoming out), and retaining the stock height. If you do that swap and still find yourself desiring more ride height, the same lifting kits will work for the new suspension, and you'll still retain a way better ride. Just some food for thought from someone in the same area.

Don't forget to checkout rallitek. They offer lift springs and other bolt on lift options for the outback which are a direct fit for our legacy.

I installed a set of their uprated outback springs with cusco struts and the ride is very good.

https://www.rallitek.com/750-assembled-strut-kits

Below are some updated pics of how my car sits now. Also added a bunch of cusco bits...

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

e507496bf989acbf2e53175295e6d1df.jpg1f46a8879be731c9d84f06665acbb750.jpg

Edited by rpmk104

Don't forget to checkout rallitek. They offer lift springs and other bolt on lift options for the outback which are a direct fit for our legacy.

I installed a set of their uprated outback springs with cusco struts and the ride is very good.

https://www.rallitek.com/750-assembled-strut-kits

Below are some updated pics of how my car sits now. Also added a bunch of cusco bits...

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

e507496bf989acbf2e53175295e6d1df.jpg1f46a8879be731c9d84f06665acbb750.jpg

How do you like the Cusco struts?

Hi, the cusco struts are much stiffer than stock (and kyb GR2).

They are 40 way adjustable and setting them all the way stiff is just back breaking stiff (handles amazing).

I usually run them between 5-10 clicks from full soft.

The rallitek overload springs and the cusco struts are a good match and gives a sporty ride (handles way better than stock even with the lift). There is good suspension travel without any unwanted bounce or sway. I pretty much just plow through anything.