LegacyGT.com

Project Legacy Gt outback begins...

Could we get a breakdown on part numbers? Looking over post 132, i see the aftermarket parts but i dont see the right one to get on the site. Like for the J2 lca and megan toe link, can we get links or part numbers for them? Breakdown for what is needed in the front and in the back. Much appreciated.

The aftermarket stuff is whatever is made for the 08-14 WRX. It will fit our cars.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I was just thinking this but, I'm curious what a lifted legacy would look like with the Outback front bumper, rear bumper and side skirts.

Like the earlier gen Outback Sedan...

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4083/34916861954_90f073c9a4_o.jpg

• 11 months later...

Just an update,

I finally got AT tires on my legacy. Went with 17x8 method racing wheels on Cooper AT3 235/60/17

Just got rallitek springs and cusco touring a 40 way adjustable struts and shocks. Will be installing soon....

391bc2d585dd819677c5deb566c8134c.jpg21f1d44b6dcbf0fe9eb44aa4431a9606.jpg8ce26e0945db4abe9580a5ebb32b1ee8.jpga90065d36556a0e402cfc35d75ed3107.jpg82d1aa2284fbb7cc453f195a92b193b4.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Just a quick comparison of the outback kyb gr2 strut vs the cusco touring a struts.

Spring perch height is identical.

The physical shock body of the cusco strut is shorter than the gr2 strut

Interestingly, the cusco strut seems to have a half inch more stroke.

Cusco struts are made by kyb in Japan.

c78b77d40334e7b3444982f41e19fd2f.jpg2565fe734a81a6abd460fe41904ee495.jpg914136b413023bcfffdf9cb2401b278c.jpgf9742cf059904f62ebe6ade16d40d9d4.jpg1002cd72225d6b52718930cc3e916dc3.jpga709410fa779fde4f6c0734e2f3db6e6.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

I’m really glad to see this thread. I’ve wanted to do this because I scrape the front or rear on my parking space curb, driveways, gutters, and regular roads in the San Francisco Bay Area. I’m a stock 2.5 with 215/60r16 tires so regular sedan. I’m only 5’10” and don’t enjoy entering or exiting the sedan height.

I’d like to go full Outback suspension but OB springs and ‘13 regular struts might be my needs for increased ride height with better dampening and not have to completely change the suspension.

I’m really glad to see this thread. I’ve wanted to do this because I scrape the front or rear on my parking space curb, driveways, gutters, and regular roads in the San Francisco Bay Area. I’m a stock 2.5 with 215/60r16 tires so regular sedan. I’m only 5’10” and don’t enjoy entering or exiting the sedan height.

I’d like to go full Outback suspension but OB springs and ‘13 regular struts might be my needs for increased ride height with better dampening and not have to completely change the suspension.

As mentioned previously, it's not certain what that result would be.

Have you looked in to 1" strut spacers?

Also, if you are on '10-'12 stock springs, the '13 springs help a lot with not scraping.

• 4 months later...

I am about to list some Outback 3.6R suspension bits, so keep an eye on the classifieds.

One set of complete OEM struts from my 2012 3.6R, plus a second set of Excel-G dampers. Low miles, details in the listing.

• 7 months later...

Joined today after reading through this thread. Ive been researching doing this to my 2012 3.6.

I even went as far to stop by the dealership to try and ask if anyone there knew about exterior parts interchangeability, but no one could give me a straight answer. They said their computers can look up any part you need, but don’t show parts interchangeability. I’d really like to do the full outback exterior as well, love those big fog lights. I’m not so keen on the vertical red reflectors in the rear bumper but otherwise sweet.

Definitely going to start gathering Outback suspension parts. Car looks awesome dude!

The front bumper and grill are interchangeable. I recall years ago someone on here had an Outback front bumper in a sedan. The outback door trim requires drilling the doors to use factory fasteners but I assume you could find a way to use 3M tape and not drill. The rear bumpers are not interchangeable between wagon and sedan.

Hrmm, interesting... I really like the 2013 front bumper with those big round fogs. My car is white though, so I don’t know how the black plastic on the bottom of the bumper would flow with my color matched sides unless I put the outback door trim on it also, but I’m not interested enough to want to drill or mess with taping it. Interesting to think about though.

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed reading about your build...so much if the same in here. Glad people aren't afraid to do their own thing. Hope you're getting the results you want.

I would never go this route a it doesn't fit my needs or lifestyle...but looks very cool to me.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I thought it’d be better than starting a new one. I was going to post in the “Exterior Mods”, but it’s relevant here and I wanted to ask where I knew the people discussing it would see.

In regards to fitting the Outback bumpers and sides on the legacy, what do you guys think it would look like someone color match painted the black fog light trim of the 2013 Outback and kept the Legacy sides? I’m sure a black car could easily pull it off, mine is SWP like the OP’s though, I wonder how that would look? I realize there would be a seam where the two plastics meet, but it’s the same color might not look bad. I guess they could be molded in as well.

Again sorry if bumping this makes people angry, other car forums seem to be that way.

*edit* Cool Outback btw, OP.

I stumbled across this picture, I actually really like it.

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Subaru/2014-Subaru-Outback-Facelift-1.jpg

Edited by BrandonCB

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I thought it’d be better than starting a new one. I was going to post in the “Exterior Mods”, but it’s relevant here and I wanted to ask where I knew the people discussing it would see.

In regards to fitting the Outback bumpers and sides on the legacy, what do you guys think it would look like someone color match painted the black fog light trim of the 2013 Outback and kept the Legacy sides? I’m sure a black car could easily pull it off, mine is SWP like the OP’s though, I wonder how that would look? I realize there would be a seam where the two plastics meet, but it’s the same color might not look bad. I guess they could be molded in as well.

Again sorry if bumping this makes people angry, other car forums seem to be that way.

*edit* Cool Outback btw, OP.

I stumbled across this picture, I actually really like it.

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Subaru/2014-Subaru-Outback-Facelift-1.jpg

Picture not loading for me, but I've seen pics of Outbacks with color-matched foglight trim and lower body claddings. IMO they look better with the black plastic accents.

I particularly like the facelift 2012-up Outbacks which has separate left and right plastic foglight trim as opposed to the one continuous swathe of black plastic the lower bumpers of the 2010's have.

EDIT:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs6eJVgvKeMERK39Nm5KsvC-acrqX1z1UuRw&usqp=CAU

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLFLuzvvmtjXDWXVAWOyX7TzQl_hIjcLHrrQ&usqp=CAU

Edited by Scubaboo