LegacyGT.com

Front wheels/axels click/bind at full turning radius

caramall2

Hi all, I've noticed some "clicking" noises (or felt them) as I've turned sharp (steering wheel at or near full lock basically) into a parking spot, etc., at slow speeds. The other day it was doing it so I put it in reverse at full turn on the steering wheel and backed up and there was a definite light "clunk, clunk, clunk" or "tick, tick, tick"...almost like the gears weren't meshing right or the u joint had a problem or the differential was not quite working properly (like when a truck is in 4WD and you turn sharp on pavement and a tire skips as the diff is locked; not sure my tires were "skipping" but somewhat of a similar feel).

Thoughts? I'll probably bring it to the dealer to look at if it does it again and I can't figure out what it is. I had the front axles checked (CV joints) and one replaced about a year ago.

its a 05 stop going to the stealership. Find a good local repair shop.

My trusted mechanic told me that some of the replacement axles are the wrong length, about 50% of them last a short time.

He replaced the one he installed last Aug a few months back.

If your is under warranty, that is back.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Interesting about length--thanks. Good point on going to a local mechanic. I have a shop that can do basics now that I think about it...I will take it to them if it makes any more noise (and I'll check the warrantee as they changed out the axles last time).

• 3 weeks later...

The local shop said it was swaybar bushings. What?Sorry, don't buy that. Unfortunately I don't know of a good local shop so took it to dealer. I suspected CV or front diff and it is the front diff.

Now I have to decide if I pay the horrendous dealer prices or try to skin this some other way...just don't know shops and I don't have time :-0

Probably a couple grand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived