LegacyGT.com

Should I unmarry AP v1 to sell it or skip it?

caramall2

Want to unmarry my Cobb AP v1 but worried about risk of bricking ECU etc. Should be ok but can't afford that sort of thing right now if it happened. Worth doing just to sell it? Not sure if folks would buy it...it still works great though, just going to v3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made me laugh about Pong ;-)

Actually, you don't have to unmarry...talked to Cobb and they said V3 can write right over it without an issue. Also, there's no trade in for V1 from what I understand, just V2.

I just unmarried a V1 not too long ago with only minor hitches due to low system voltage.

just make sure you have good strong voltage that can stay at or above about 11.8V for the duration of the write (I used a battery tender) and verify that you have no physical problems with the plug/wire and you should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Just see Cobb's website for all the v3 does...way more features, it's USB, it flashes a "base map in way less time, has customizeable gauge displays, can log without a computer. I LOVE it ;-)

Hey all I'm new to the tunning I wanted to know if it's worth getting the v3 or should I just get a used v2. I have a 2006 spec b. I need a tune the check engine light keeps getting flipped because of the catless exhaust. I also have an after market blow off valve, and catless up pipe. The car came with these mods. My only plans are to get an intake and a downpipe for now.

The benefits of going to a V3 over a V2 is up to your personal preference- if you just going to flash the ECU and then store the AP away, V2 is fine. If you want to monitor up to six gauge values in real time on a device the size of a cell phone mounted in your car, the V3 the way to go.

The benefits of going to a V3 over a V2 is up to your personal preference- if you just going to flash the ECU and then store the AP away, V2 is fine. If you want to monitor up to six gauge values in real time on a device the size of a cell phone mounted in your car, the V3 the way to go.

Haha thank you that pretty much settles it. On the market for a V2

I was paranoid about flashing with the V1. It took so long I thought something was going to go horribly wrong.

Fortunately the dealer solved that by flashing another factory map to it rendering my V1 useless :rolleyes:

COBB was useless as they no longer have any way to unlock my V1 so I can use it again.

Archived