LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

If I think about it we tack weld and hammer it on a 1929 Essex rat rod, 1940's GMC Truck, 1976 Nova, etc.. We did use baseball bat on the Acura's/Honda's fenders using the top of the tire as a guide.

Pretty wide range of automotive enthusiasm right there. :)

Pretty wide range of automotive enthusiasm right there. :)

My dad started with me in the late 70s to learn the basic stuff like oil change, filters, stereo, etc then customizing cargo vans (cargo vans used to be the thing back then). That where it all took off from there. Then I hanged out with my cousins more often while growing up that race car's and Motorcycle's. Welding, fabricating that stuff I also learned from friends that own mechanic shops now. This is how I learn how to do full restoration. I learned over the years with German cars is you need a set of Torx and special tools that you have to fab up or get it from the dealer.

That's the life of my story and my wife hates it because she is very afraid that our son going to follow in his father foot step.

Edited by amusa

So ive been chasing this leak of sorts for a week. Hard to pinpoint the source. Car is running lean yet the DAM stays at 1. I've gone over dp studs, exhaust manifold studs, intake pipe, exhaust and the only thing maybe is the flex pipe on the exhaust is showing some fraying. But the sounds are coming from the engine bay. Where else can exhaust leak from?

Check for cracks around the O2 sensor bung if you can see past the heat shield... No reason it should fail if you aren't pushing serious heat or hit it with something, but I've seen it happen often before on other applications.

Weird that you're not getting extra fueling... Do you have a tune that might have O2 sensor codes disabled? Someone with more knowledge on these ECU's can probably comment on this, but is there a way to look at individual cylinder fuel control? Should still set a cylinder imbalance code, but the overall fuel control may just be ignoring it if one cylinder has a clogged injector or something.

That was the manifold bolt. Upon return test driving my clutch fork broke when i went to engage 2nd and released the pedal. Made clanging rattle grind. Then i pushed pedal in (squishy) no noise. Coasted into a visitor parking space in nice neighborhood. Walked home with my son. Oh well......

So ive been chasing this leak of sorts for a week. Hard to pinpoint the source. Car is running lean yet the DAM stays at 1. I've gone over dp studs, exhaust manifold studs, intake pipe, exhaust and the only thing maybe is the flex pipe on the exhaust is showing some fraying. But the sounds are coming from the engine bay. Where else can exhaust leak from?

Where in Maryland your at. If your close by. I can help you tracing the exhaust leak. I have access to a 2 post car lift.

Where in Maryland your at. If your close by. I can help you tracing the exhaust leak. I have access to a 2 post car lift.
Thanks. Very nice offer, thank you. I did find the leak which was a manifold nut had backed off. I test drove it and was good. But on the way home the clutch fork broke and i had it towed to Andrewtech.

Thanks. Very nice offer, thank you. I did find the leak which was a manifold nut had backed off. I test drove it and was good. But on the way home the clutch fork broke and i had it towed to Andrewtech.

Get that Billet replacement! and the pivot ball too!

My dad started with me in the late 70s to learn the basic stuff like oil change, filters, stereo, etc then customizing cargo vans (cargo vans used to be the thing back then). That where it all took off from there. Then I hanged out with my cousins more often while growing up that race car's and Motorcycle's. Welding, fabricating that stuff I also learned from friends that own mechanic shops now. This is how I learn how to do full restoration. I learned over the years with German cars is you need a set of Torx and special tools that you have to fab up or get it from the dealer.

That's the life of my story and my wife hates it because she is very afraid that our son going to follow in his father foot step.

Even if your wife hates it, I hope you get to share that with your son, thats a nice bonding experience to have.

had to do front brakes at 60K as the drivers side pad got jammed up in the bracket and had to be removed with a sledge hammer.. filed down the brackets and installed new hardware and pads, bled the brakes and we are now good to go... ironically the car "passed" quite a few multi point inspections and this issue had been going on for a while...

She's probably more comfortable seeing money being focused on one vehicle rather than 3 now.

I just had her Mazda tinted so hopefully she knows her car can pretty awesome too

Yeah but does she understand the arousal you get riding the other one????

Rear bumper - Most of the damage was on the left side, I had the entire rear bumper primed and painted.

Passenger Rear quarter panel - buff out a scratch (Painter did not like the scratch, so he did it on his dime).

Passenger rocker panel - Replaced with OEM and painted due to broken clips.

Driver fender - did not lined up perfectly with the bumper and headlight. I had it pulled out a little because it was pushed in at the corner.

330515_IMG_7801BlurTags.thumb.jpg.ed9c9ae67dffd3bf49b05bff90bfd39c.jpg

IMG_7802.thumb.JPG.d016b438488bd566b0391edf925991a5.JPG

IMG_7803.thumb.JPG.24c4c80b2667351991332f2111ea2d6e.JPG

IMG_7804.thumb.JPG.112226bf6bbc0c0c4ba0c2e4df307015.JPG

Edited by amusa