LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Cleaned my throttle body, MAF sensor, changed my engine oil and filter. And threw on some new wiper blades. No biggie. Edited by DarkCloud23
BC Racing. Blox Racing. Whiteline. AVO Turbo. RalliTek. Gramlights Michelin. Optima. HKC-Speed. Nameless. AFE. K&N. WeatherTech. Morimoto. Solar Gard. PPF. 9H.

Front plate relocate. Let me know what you guys think. Will be fabricating a better mount later, but in the meantime, zipties work well.

[ATTACH]272900[/ATTACH]

Neither my previous STI nor my current came with a front plate holder. I ended up installing a Subtle Solutions bracket where the front tow hook goes. For the Legacy, I bought a nice holder for the stock location (required drilling, backed up with sticky tape) and it looks really nice.

What is actually holding your plate to the bumper? Did you drill holes and zip-tie it? I don't think we have hole for a front tow-hook, do we?

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

What is actually holding your plate to the bumper? Did you drill holes and zip-tie it? I don't think we have hole for a front tow-hook, do we?

I zip tied the plate holder to the lower grille. Then zip tied my plate to the plate holder since I do not have fasteners right now. There is no tow hook location on the front unfortunately.

I think I will be buying some steel flat bar soon and fabricating something to fit to one of the fastener locations for the lower grille shutter. I'll update when I get around to it.

My car is in real need of a wash... maybe I'll take care of that this weekend.

Same here! I haven't waxed my Leggy since buying it in Fall of '17! :eek::spin:

'15 FB25

Installee the New Sport Vita Limited Grill Super Bowl Morning.. Polished , Jet Sealed it and Waxed before installing.. Really Hard to Notice the Gloss Black in Photos.. The Trim is Brushed Aluminum not Chrome as well..3b2b9f0cf70991d28432c69238551936.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Completed the front license plate relocate bracket. I used 1/8" steel flat bar that I cut, bent, and welded. The mount is connected to the fastener for the lower grille shutter. The single fastener has held the mount very securely, and I have not had an problems so far. I have a metal license plate frame that stops the license plate from flexing. There are 2 dress up bolts securing the plate to the frame on the top, and 2 dress up bolts securing the plate and the frame to the mount. The welds are pretty rough but strong enough. I also spray painted it black.

Let me know what you guys think.

IMG_2180-min.thumb.jpg.c37cd01d2b9292714a7f207ad649b6ed.jpg

IMG_2191-min.thumb.jpg.ab5f64239925f3905148522fc831c25f.jpg

IMG_2190-min.thumb.jpg.024f47e0412e9b92678084e428dfde9d.jpg

IMG_2189-min.thumb.jpg.06e7db9fb075297cdfe7a050125bc8ca.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. /quote]

I'm just interested as to why you repositioned the number plate. I personally prefer it in the normal spot (as Grnlantern depicted in his photo above). When I see the plates off to the side, it kinda makes the car look a little "uneven" to me. But that's just my opinion (which doesn't count for much in the long run) and I'm not trying to knock you, and you seem to have done a good job with the actual replacement, so well done.

Well did a Brake Fluid Flush and Oil Change before heading to Vegas for No.3 Car Show of 2019.. As for the Front License Plate I would drive without one but Cali Cops love giving tickets.. Plus I cross to Mexico daily so I'm required to have Front Plate when coming back into the U.S...

I'm just interested as to why you repositioned the number plate.....

I like the look of it better to the side, but I understand that a lot of people think it looks uneven or asymmetrical.

I like it because it makes my car stand out from the rest, and because why not. Just thought other 6th gen'ers who like the look might want to know it is possible with a little fab.

I like the look of it better to the side, but I understand that a lot of people think it looks uneven or asymmetrical.

I like it because it makes my car stand out from the rest, and because why not. Just thought other 6th gen'ers who like the look might want to know it is possible with a little fab.

I just wished there was a better way to mount it in the center.. Damn Dealer just drill into the Bumper. I didnt really like that.

Did mine the same way back when I bought it March 2016. Centered and drilled into the bumper is no thank you. It’s a tax stamp that IMO looks more aesthetically pleasing where we have it

d41a46d6112253b8a4e79e06905c9a33.jpg

Did mine the same way back when I bought it March 2016. Centered and drilled into the bumper is no thank you. It’s a tax stamp that IMO looks more aesthetically pleasing where we have it

Really like the look. I wanted it a little further off to the side though. But really digging the JDM front grille. I am looking at getting one soon.

I am also going to try to create a Licence plate delete plate for where the dealership drilled into my bumper.

Installed new LED lights from DiodeDynamics:

1. Backup: XP50 White

2. Fogs: SLF Yellow

3. Vanity Mirror: SMF2H Warm White

I'll report back tomorrow how noticeable the fogs are on dark roads.

I've already replaced all interior lights and the door puddle lights with DD LED's

'15 FB25

I just wished there was a better way to mount it in the center.. Damn Dealer just drill into the Bumper. I didnt really like that.

have you checked out the power and/or manual hideaway plate brackets?

show n go is one of the brands I think