LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

I’ve done this for years, it only took one stud to break from rusting for me to put a dab of anti-seize on.

All the anti-seize does is coats the threads, provides lubrication, and corrosive protection.

Agreed. I have used anti-seize on my threads. Definitely helps. Never had an issue.

BC Racing. Blox Racing. Whiteline. AVO Turbo. RalliTek. Gramlights Michelin. Optima. HKC-Speed. Nameless. AFE. K&N. WeatherTech. Morimoto. Solar Gard. PPF. 9H.

Washed and first wax today, 3M Nu Finish. Still a little windy for waxing but it seems I can't get a still day for it. Was battling pollen the whole damn time. Car looks amazing though, until you get with a couple feet and see all the pollen... Oh well, it really needed to get waxed. Rain-X'd the side and rear windows. Afterwards I hooked up the NOCO and topped off the battery.

This weekend I took the time of taking off my front bumper. I removed my front grill and re-sanded the horizontal bars. I repainted them and it came out with a smoother finish. I also removed my lower Valance Grille and painted it gloss black. This is a temporary set up. I think I'm going to make the jump and get the stanza Grill by hkc speed.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

BC Racing. Blox Racing. Whiteline. AVO Turbo. RalliTek. Gramlights Michelin. Optima. HKC-Speed. Nameless. AFE. K&N. WeatherTech. Morimoto. Solar Gard. PPF. 9H.

This weekend I took the time of taking off my front bumper. I removed my front grill and re-sanded the horizontal bars. I repainted them and it came out with a smoother finish. I also removed my lower Valance Grille and painted it gloss black. This is a temporary set up. I think I'm going to make the jump and get the stanza Grill by hkc speed.

:needpics:

Had the car machine waxed, crazy how much this car scratches, like literally...

We cut some of the coat off and got in there and got all the scratches out, the trunk was super scratched. Now it looks brand new.

Also bunch of grease got on the car, so they had to use some alcohol to get that stuff off, they asked me if I worked near a restaurant which I don’t.

I have a feeling the rainx stuff additive that I used the grease for the windshield washer which caused the grease to be all over the car.

TcH7Hjd.jpg

lgY0rJj.jpg

SrTEJNz.jpg

Had the car machine waxed, crazy how much this car scratches, like literally...

We cut some of the coat off and got in there and got all the scratches out, the trunk was super scratched. Now it looks brand new.

Also bunch of grease got on the car, so they had to use some alcohol to get that stuff off, they asked me if I worked near a restaurant which I don’t.

I have a feeling the rainx stuff additive that I used the grease for the windshield washer which caused the grease to be all over the car.

Nicely done! Very clean.

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

It's about an 80% fit without any modifications. Some time with the dremel and some fiberglass to add a little length and I think it's gonna be worth it.

Looks terrible.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Nicely done! Very clean.

Thanks, I’m just little disappointed at Subaru on how the car scratches so easily. This should last be few months, but I plan on having machine waxed every 4 months or so since it ain’t cheap.

Also I wanted the car to have everything fully cleaned before it goes in tomorrow for the vinyl roof wrap. So I want the roof to be in tip top shape since it’s gonna be on there for few years. With the snow and sun I doubt it will last more than 2-3 years, but rather have the vinyl take the beating than the car coat.

I had some yellow ppf film laying around so i applied some on my housing for the highs and turns. I might drive around with it and see if it grows on me. I kinda dont mind it, but i might take it off. What do you guys think? I also threw on some gloss black/carbon fiber badge overlay from emblemoverlays.com.

0508182012b.thumb.jpg.dc9b5c311fbf9dcf4c9a42ef12b0469e.jpg

0508182014.thumb.jpg.224c67a0308a3612b167affb9e4e041c.jpg

Edited by DarkCloud23

I had some yellow ppf film laying around so i applied some on my housing for the highs and turns. I might drive around with it and see if it grows on me. I kinda dont mind it, but i might take it off. What do you guys think? I also threw on some gloss black/carbon fiber badge overlay from emblemoverlays.com.

THERE'S the grill - looks good!!

Hey. To each is own... And remember, opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.

:)

Thanks! I didn't even bother with a detailed explanation to that person's closed minded mentality. I even said in my post it's gonna need some work to make it fit right!

Thanks! I didn't even bother with a detailed explanation to that person's closed minded mentality. I even said in my post it's gonna need some work to make it fit right!
One person beauty is another person Frankenstein. But modding is just as individual as ownership. Your add-on is not my cup of tea but if it make you happy then more power to you.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji2]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

THERE'S the grill - looks good!!
Thanks. Sorry, it took me ahwile.

Personally I’m really digging the yellow, usually the yellow pops out really well on white cars, but it looks very nice.

I also threw on some gloss black/carbon fiber badge overlay from emblemoverlays.com.

I'm working with them to get an eagle design done. Too bad they don't do different front and back. I like how your front turned out (excluding the yellow film. Just not my cuppa tea).

I'm working with them to get an eagle design done. Too bad they don't do different front and back. I like how your front turned out (excluding the yellow film. Just not my cuppa tea).
Eagle design would be nice. What background colors were you thinking of having? Colors of eagle design? Natural?

Roof vinyl wrap is done, they gonna put on some ceramic coating next week so it should help keeping it nice looking and clean when bird poop drops on it. Should also make it easier cleaning it.

Anyways here is the pics, unfortunately it’s hard to see the gloss vinyl on a dark car lol...

vC9AQhM.jpg

4XsVVcd.jpg

rG6wVcq.jpg

oXlMuxn.jpg

w6Zj2a5.jpg

S1lvRiI.jpg