LegacyGT.com

My 99 LGT Got Hit Friday

Well my almost mint condition 99 LGT with only 105k now has a smashed LF fender, broken side marker, bumper damage and 2 bent GT wheels. Oh yeah my alignments off now as well.

I was driving about 30 mph in the right lane of a 2 lane street with a parking lane. Next to me was a POS Chrysler Cirrus, we'll she was a little ahead of me. We both were coming to a semi busy intersection with a green light. We get through no problems then I hear sirens and the next thing I know this dumb ass B lines towards the right lane as if to pull over for the vehicle with the sirens. Mind you I am right next to her and makes contact with my fender in front of the wheel. I instinctively cut to the right to avoid her car damaging the entire left side of my Subbie. She kept on heading right so I had to do the same but I ran out of road and had to go up the curb with my car. I believe only 3 wheels when up the curb and thank God the curb only only 6-8" high. The messed up thing was the ambulance with the sirens on was heading down the street of the intersection we just went through. It wasn't even coming near us. I have no idea why she even tried to pull over for it. I asked her why she tired to pull over for it and she said I didn't see the ambulance. Lol. Really! Well you didn't see my car either dumb ass. The damage isn't to the point of my car not being drivable and who cares about hers. I was going to call the cops but I was on my lunch so we just exchanged info and I filed a accident report the next day. I made sure to call her insurance a couple hours after this happened and I took a lot of pics of the accident scene to cover my ass. I am still pissed off because my Legacy has a clean Car Fax and now it will have a accident on its record and this will diminish the value of it.

Once we both left I noticed my alignment was off but nothing else that day. I even racked the car at work just to check the suspension out she looked good. Saturday I had to run some errands and needed to take the freeway. Got up to 50-55 and a vibration started then got worse the faster I went. Not good. At home I jacked up the entire car, started it and put it in drive. That's when I noticed both front wheels have bends on the inside lip. Bastard. When I had to go up the curb I was probably going 15- 20 mph or so but at that time I wasn't really paying attention to my speedo. I was just trying to avoid hitting anything or anybody else.. Lol. I figured I better call her insurance right away so they could make a note in their system. Don't need them trying to deny any of the damage. I guess Monday the adjuster is supposed to contact me so I hope all goes ok and they just fix everything that is damaged from the accident.

It's been a very long time since I've been in a accident so I wonder if her insurance will pay the loss of value the car will now have with an accident on its car fax?

Sorry for the long rant. I am still pissed off because of stupid people not knowing how to drive. Ugh!!!!!

That sucks srry bout ur leggy, atleast u wernt hurt. I got sideswiped by a jeep a while ago but nothing more then paint damage and im pretty sure it was rearended at one point before I got it so it dosent really matter

Thanks Kyle, yeah she is pretty clean and rust free. Which is why I bought it. Well was clean but now it's hurt. Lol So you moved. I would love to move to northern WI. Just have to worry about deer up there not all of these dumb ass drivers in Milwaukee.

I almost want to throw my winter wheels on just so I can drive it on the freeway but I have to wait.

Archived