LegacyGT.com

adding windshield wiper de-icer/heated mirrors to a 2010 legacy 2.5i

hi all,. i just purchased a used 2010 legacy 2.5i base model with 6MT and since i'm in the northeast, i plan to add windshield wiper de-icer, heated side mirrors. has anyone done this before and how hard is it? i checked ebay for parts and they only list the foldable shells instead of the whole assembly.

Well finding the parts or rather ordering the GT or 3.6R parts aren't going to be cheap.

I know on the BL/BP the wiper de-icer was built into the windshield not sure about the BM but if that is the case youll need to go with a heater jacket solution that heats the blade, but beware they are know to cause wiper chatter :eek:

The heated side mirrors you will have to buy the LGT or 3.6R option and fit it to your 2.5i unless they have the kit (option from the dealer) you can buy and fit it.

Yeah if the heated mirrors are anything like the 4th Gen ones, you will need the heated mirrors, door harness (for plug and play, I think there were 2 additional wires on the harness) and a relay for it to work. I found a member that was parting out his crashed get and got lucky he still had the doors and pulled the harnesses for me or they would've cost $250 for both harnesses. Gl.

Well finding the parts or rather ordering the GT or 3.6R parts aren't going to be cheap.

I know on the BL/BP the wiper de-icer was built into the windshield not sure about the BM but if that is the case youll need to go with a heater jacket solution that heats the blade, but beware they are know to cause wiper chatter :eek:

The heated side mirrors you will have to buy the LGT or 3.6R option and fit it to your 2.5i unless they have the kit (option from the dealer) you can buy and fit it.

subaru does have a cold weather package that includes the wiper de icer heated mirrors ect. all my subies had it(lgt, fxt, 2.5i x2)

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

hi all,. i just purchased a used 2010 legacy 2.5i base model with 6MT and since i'm in the northeast, i plan to add windshield wiper de-icer, heated side mirrors. has anyone done this before and how hard is it? i checked ebay for parts and they only list the foldable shells instead of the whole assembly.

Why didn't you just buy a model that includes the cold weather package? :confused: It is going to be cost prohibitive to add these features especially since at the least you will need a new windshield.

Archived