LegacyGT.com

Anyone DIY a fork mount inside of wagon?

wongmic75

I end up having to take both wheels off the rode bike to place it on it's side in the trunk of the wagon. plenty of manufacturers out there who make fork mount stands for suv's and wagons.

guess you could use one and drop your seat down to clear the roof. was that what you had in mind?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I figure a fork mount inside the wagon cabin, with the seat and seat post lowered or removed depending on the frame size... Front wheel removed of courese...

I thought I saw some one who had drilled a fork mount right into the rear floor...

Thanks for the thoughts...

Anyone else?

Don't believe there would be enough vertical height inside the wagon to store the bike that way even if you did mount a fork there.

My thoughts exactly. I can barely fit bikes vertically with a fork mount under the camper shell of my Nissan Frontier truck and it has several inches more vertical clearance than my LGT wagon.

Archived