LegacyGT.com

Alternator Power Steering Belt

Okay last night my Break & Battery light came on and i lost power steering. The pic shows what i found left of the belt this morning. Looking for suggestions on the best belt and part # since i've seen enough posts where some have purchased the wrong belt.

THANKS

2009 2.5I SE Legacy

186001258_PSBelt.thumb.jpg.dd12e53be473ec6e02820c2eadfe9a75.jpg

What do folks use as a guide to know whether the belt is tight enough. Looking at the adjuster screw I didn't adjust as far down as it previously was. You can see the cleaner portion of the screw. To me it feels fine but I will keep an eye on it. Maybe that was the problem... whoever previously dealt with that belt may have over tightened it. I'm thinking it may have been the original belt though. The car now has 64K miles. I just purchased the car January this year...

I think you should have 1/4" to 3/8" play when you push down on the belt. If your PS feels funny, tighten the belt a bit. Learned that lesson.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived