LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

How in the world did you get your 2.5 tuned :eek:? I never thought it could get tuned considering it has a CVT?

XRT tuned this owners 6th Gen 2.5i CVT whose motor & CVT are similar to yours.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tigger73s-my15-2-5i-249141.html?t=249141

My car was 6MT and I had etune done by someone in CT. They usually deal with turbo Subaru though. I would be more app to use XRT because he has done a bunch of 2.5i tunes and has experience with CVT tuning. I know XRT also tune the 2005-2009 4th Gen 2.5i automatics as well. I read that the tunes are $500.

So I'm pretty sure my back-up light relay has gone out. The lights had been flickering for a bit, so i changed out the bulbs yesterday. Backed out this morning and no joy from the reverse lights. I looked over the FSM but could not find the the location for the back-up light relay for the GT model. I did notice that it is listed for the 3.6R model as relay B499 on their diagram. I've attached the diagram for the GT. Anyone with better knowledge have any thoughts on where the back-up light relay would be?

Note: All my other lights are working properly

1747272491_57.BulkheadWiringHarness(InCompartment)_Page_1.thumb.jpg.15b75dedc75e6e12d692ee6a88cc9e4b.jpg

494390199_57.BulkheadWiringHarness(InCompartment)_Page_2.thumb.jpg.67da8531c2112e142da90e7c627d8389.jpg

Upon further research, I think its the back-up switch that has gone bad. Found this thread for reference: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/reverse-switch-280434.html?t=280434&highlight=reverse+light+switch
I think the 3.6R has the relay because it's an auto. Our manual transmissions would have just a traditional switch.

• 2 weeks later...
Replaced front passenger TPMS at a local tire shop.

After 30mi+ drive the light is still on.

When I replaced a dead one last winter the light was out within a mile. Either they didn’t clone the new sensor to the old one’s ID # or they didn’t program the new sensor’s own ID number into the car. Could also be that you have another one dead. I believe the TPMS light flashes for a while at startup when there is a fault (such as not seeing a sensor) vs just a low tire.

I removed my summer tires and put on my winter tires last night. The weather forecast changed since last weekend and we have couple days where the temperature will be in the 30's and the overnight will be in the 20's, so I am definitely below the 40 degree temps of the summer tires. I hoping the towns don't have to salt the roads tonight since it going to be raining tonight and around freezing tomorrow morning. I really don't want to drive my Legacy in the salt.

As mentioned, the light will go out a couple miles. I forgot to program my TMPS sensors last night for my stock rims. I leave my TPMS programmer in my center console, so I programmed my car after dropping my son at school. The light went out within a 1 mile or so.

I would double the check the tire pressure 1st, its seem like mine are triggered around 28psi.

NVAKeith is correct about the blinking light, too- I don't have sensors in my summer set, and the light blinks for a little while before staying on solid. I've had a tire get low enough to trip the sensor (-20F will do that to you), and from what I recall, that's just a solid light, no flashing.

I hoping the towns don't have to salt the roads tonight since it going to be raining tonight and around freezing tomorrow

morning.

The rain from last night dried and the towns on my drive to work didn't salt the roads this morning :D

I removed my summer tires and put on my winter tires last night. The weather forecast changed since last weekend and we have couple days where the temperature will be in the 30's and the overnight will be in the 20's, so I am definitely below the 40 degree temps of the summer tires. I hoping the towns don't have to salt the roads tonight since it going to be raining tonight and around freezing tomorrow morning. I really don't want to drive my Legacy in the salt.

Yeah been debating about switching myself. Maybe later this month. Firestones Indy 500 off and Blitzzaks on.

I was not happy with where I moved the AP ( over the MPG gauge) and put it back on the vent mount where it used to be. Today I finally spent the time figuring out where I really wanted it. I ended up heating up the Scosche mount a bit to bend it more to where I wanted it and added the metal plate to the AP so I could get it up higher.

So far I’m happy with it since my hand it not covering anything up in a normal driving position. I hope I’m happy with it because I do not look forward to cleaning up the 3M tape residue if I move it.

ea1f09e60bb2a09de5d12e2394ca6b28.jpg7a0a9a426aefe36492fb7b5551f9365a.jpg4dd11a30e987aff8a76504917b1767c2.jpg382246032230ed2eb001d47fdcd20d08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always like to make sure I post these in the 5th gen to show some love too so no one misses out...

thanks for all the support!

Dave

1229281953_BF2019w_cars.thumb.jpg.d1ecf831277141d2db700c1323968431.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Swapped on the new winter setup. A little premature for the time of year but my summers were at the wear bars.

FRS/BRZ wheels. 225/55/17 Firestone Winterforce tires. Not pleased with the dry behavior of the tires. They sound like all terrains on the highway. Tread is massively deep and I’m sure they will excel in snow, hopefully we get some this year. Maybe they will quiet down with a little wear.

5556bab54956784e7f261d7c895e1a78.jpg

So my 2010 2.5 Premium non turbo is overheating and coolant coming out of the overflow bottle. 110K miles. Put a new Subaru thermostat in it last year when they did the timing belt. I did not put in a new water pump at the time because the part was not available. Any way I hope it is just a bad thermostat and not a bad head gasket or something more serious. This happened just as I started using the heater this year. I did use the heater last year so I think the thermostat might have went bad.:confused: