LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Continued pulling apart my spare engine today, then I got to installing the zero sports rear sway bar with poly bushings. Night and day difference in feeling of the car, it feels so much more planted. on/off ramps on the highway are so much more fun!

I can't wait till I get to install the front one.

Wow that's a pricey bar, what's the diameter?

For $5 I decided to replace my front turn signal bulbs even though the ones I had in there worked fine.. Didn't like seeing the flakes of amber in the housing, figured it'd only get worse. Can't complain though since I think these bulbs are 8 years old or so..

*Wish I had known about this before, but I don't foresee this being a problem anytime soon.. I got the same Sylvania bulbs, 3457A LL's at Walmart. Google tells me that bulbs that end in "NA" are "natural amber", and have amber colored glass instead of amber coated glass. Figure I'd share for anyone else that doesn't know that.

bulbs.thumb.jpg.fff741924fa6c2ad9dfa27206705d062.jpg

Edited by apexi

Went out and snapped some pics of the new wheel setup. Enkei NT03's 18x9.5 +40 wrapped in Federal 595 RS-RR's 245/35R18. Federal's run wide so it's effectively 255 width. I need to roll the rears a little more but everything should fit just fine, I might even leave my weather stripping on. Also got an alignment last Saturday. For those that didn’t read my older posts, when I bought the wheels I couldn’t decide between the two colors so I got both. Pictures don’t do justice how good the silver looks in person. I’m at a 60/40 split towards silver right now. We’ll see how much more gold grows on me.

QBbCOXc.jpg

dzpYEgo.jpg

By this week I'm hoping to get all the aftermarket stuff back on after getting my smog done last week. Also need to diagnose some suspension noises in the front. I have a feeling it's sway bar related.

Edited by Notorious

Went out and snapped some pics of the new wheel setup. Enkei NT03's 18x9.5 +40 wrapped in Federal 595 RS-RR's 245/35R18. Federal's run wide so it's effectively 255 width. I need to roll the rears a little more but everything should fit just fine, I might even leave my weather stripping on. Also got an alignment last Saturday. For those that didn’t read my older posts, when I bought the wheels I couldn’t decide between the two colors so I got both. Pictures don’t do justice how good the silver looks in person. I’m at a 60/40 split towards silver right now. We’ll see how much more gold grows on me.

QBbCOXc.jpg

dzpYEgo.jpg

By this week I'm hoping to get all the aftermarket stuff back on after getting my smog done last week. Also need to diagnose some suspension noises in the front. I have a feeling it's sway bar related.

Would you mind posting a picture showing how much poke if any you have with the wheels? Also are you having to run ridiculous amounts of negative camber? Spacers to clear the Wilwoods? My rear fenders are rolled with a slight pull it sounds like yours are unmolested. Any clearance issues in the back? Sorry for the rant I am torn between the two colors but leaning more to the silver.

Edited by Gabo

Would you mind posting a picture showing how much poke if any you have with the wheels? Also are you having to run ridiculous amounts of negative camber? Spacers to clear the Wilwoods? My rear fenders are rolled with a slight pull it sounds like yours are unmolested. Any clearance issues in the back? Sorry for the rant I am torn between the two colors but leaning more to the silver.

No worries, I’ll dig through the photoset after work but there is some poke. It can be fixed easily with some slight fender pulling but it’s not necessary right now. Once I get it on coils maybe by the end of the year, I’ll pull the fenders and it’ll be super flush maybe. It looks fine the way it is now. The tires are stretched slightly (should be running 255 federal or 265 width) I’d assume with a 265 there would be clearance issues in the front for sure.

I didn’t need spacers to clear the Wilwoods, just about 5mm of clearance between the spokes. Rear fenders are currently unmolested, getting some rubbing on very hard bumps.

Camber is at -1.5 front and rear but that’s going to change once I get a couple more suspension parts.

New tires today - General Altimax RT43 and definitely they feel better than the old Michelins. I am looking forward to seeing how well they do in wet weather and around here, April showers bring May showers bring June showers so I shouldn't have to wait long. I am also looking forward to not having to fire up my 15 gallon compressor every few days to bring the right front tire back up to pressure.

My car is not a turbo so it has the stock 205/55-16 wheels and tires. Every time I have gotten new tires before, they felt quite "floaty" until some of the tread wore off. These have none of that sensation - they feel ready for anything right now.

Finished KB windage, pickup, pan, OEM oil cooler, and Holy Headers install; TBK with new STI WP; resealed VCs; Installed IM, TIH, GS EBC, TGV-D, 850 SFI, AEM340 FP, HTA68, GS LWCP; complete replacement of all fuel, cooling and boost/vacuum lines and hose - everything in the engine bay, installed GS TMIC shroud, prepped block with TMIC mounts. Everything above (and below) all new.

Still to do: STI 6MT clutch install, reinstall the engine, KOYORAD Hyper-V radiator install, TMIC install, fuel and coolant connections and burping, shifter connection and it should be time to light off.

Minor cleanup underneath and leak/checks, and it should be driveable by the end of the month.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Got a quote this morning on a head rebuild including new guides, assembly to block with ARP studs, lash adjustment and cage/valve cover sealing and installation from one shop. Other shop gave me a quote for just a head rebuild (not sure if it included new guides like I asked) for under half the first quote.

Leaning towards moving forward with the first quote despite the cost since it's a really reputable shop, and they'll be doing all the work right. That should put the fixed motor back in my hands for mid/late July, so realistically I think the car won't be running until August.

Got a quote this morning on a head rebuild including new guides, assembly to block with ARP studs, lash adjustment and cage/valve cover sealing and installation from one shop. Other shop gave me a quote for just a head rebuild (not sure if it included new guides like I asked) for under half the first quote.

Leaning towards moving forward with the first quote despite the cost since it's a really reputable shop, and they'll be doing all the work right. That should put the fixed motor back in my hands for mid/late July, so realistically I think the car won't be running until August.

I agree with going with the better shop, you'll enjoy the pay-back over the years.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How long has she been apart?

Since April 2014. :icon_sad:

Do it once, do it right, and reap the benefits.

Since Reagan was in office I think.

:lol: Seems like it.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Oh I want these so bad...

No budget for $1k for seats...

"2003-2009 SUBARU LEGACY GT WORLD RALLY TEAM LEATHER SEATS SET BLUE OEM JDM"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2009-SUBARU-LEGACY-GT-WORLD-RALLY-TEAM-LEATHER-SEATS-SET-BLUE-OEM-JDM/283523260141?hash=item42034d9eed:g:gqMAAOSw-fldDF~z

I need a clutch more, but need to get the ECM replaced and flashed. If I reset the ECM, she drives quite smoothly for a while, then it starts to degrade until I get a bunch of misfires. Turning it off and on again will buy me some time. But an ECM reset will buy me a couple of weeks.

Oh I want these so bad...

No budget for $1k for seats...

"2003-2009 SUBARU LEGACY GT WORLD RALLY TEAM LEATHER SEATS SET BLUE OEM JDM"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2009-SUBARU-LEGACY-GT-WORLD-RALLY-TEAM-LEATHER-SEATS-SET-BLUE-OEM-JDM/283523260141?hash=item42034d9eed:g:gqMAAOSw-fldDF~z

I need a clutch more, but need to get the ECM replaced and flashed. If I reset the ECM, she drives quite smoothly for a while, then it starts to degrade until I get a bunch of misfires. Turning it off and on again will buy me some time. But an ECM reset will buy me a couple of weeks.

Look super similar to my Spec B seats, interesting find.

I'd be worried those stains wouldn't come out.

I think that's the same company I bought my JDM fenders from and they showed up with far more paint damage than the pics ever showed.

I complained, they gave me $50 and the new paint cost $500 (including stripping to bare metal and repainting.)