LegacyGT.com

What other shocks Fit this car!?!?

Okay I have already searched it up so don't tell me it's been asked before. But has anyone done it? I looked up STI/Wrx struts but in the images they seem to be MacPherson in the rear. They have the clamp style thing on the bottom while ours have like the bushing type of thing. I want to know cause my friend's cousin has his bc coils off his sti that he never used but I haven't seen pics or anything and I want to know if it will work. I think it's off a 04-5 not too sure. But what other car struts fit this car.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend has an FRS, and when we changed his struts to coilovers recently I was surprised because just by eyeballing/guesstimating they look very similar to LGT struts. I was wondering if frs ones and brz ones fit too. And you guys might be thinking like why I don't go and buy LGT coilovers but I'll tell you why. There is just a wayyyyyyy bigger market for other cars, so easier access and most of the time a better price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front struts from,

02-07 Impreza fit.

02-07 wrx fit.

04 STi fit.

Rear struts from,

00-09 legacy fit.

I have read rear struts from 08+ Impreza, wrx, STi and 10+ legacy fit. However you need to drill out the lower bushing eyelet to a larger diameter and swap upper top hats to 00-09 legacy top hats.

00-09 legacy is an odd ball in the rear.

Thanks I'll look into this.

but guys, trust me. This new to the forum guy is going to explain what sort of aftermarket support the cars we've all owned for years has available.

Please, do tell.

I could suck start a snow blower.

Look guys, I was just wondering if any other fit because most car parts are specific, sometimes other parts from other cars, even random cars fit. I just want to try some things. And I don't

Know why you guys just throw shade all ******* day. I thought people with these cars would at least be helpful but on BMW forums those douchebags are better than you guys. I ask one ******* thing everyone loses their mind. **** man, sorry I asked.

Just because something looks similar doesn't mean it will work. There are only a few styles of suspension throughout the entire auto industry. Lots will look similar but bolt spacings and sizes will differ. And BC coils for a BRZ are the same price new as for an LGT. But it really sounds like you should just sell your car and buy a GD WRX since you want a stiffer car with a bigger aftermarket.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Here's the thing, kid.

Your very first line. "I searched so don't tell me it's been asked before". Too fucking bad. It's been asked before. Multiple times. There's a ton of threads about it. Next you try to explain how the aftermarket works, for a car you apparently have no idea about. You're off to a fantastic start with that kind of attitude.

If you HAD done a competent search, you'd know that there are a ton of options from very basic KYB shocks and aftermarket springs up to and including full racing capable coilovers that cost thousands of dollars, PER CORNER.

"trying some things" on a 12 year old car that was on its own platform when there's been an aftermarket around for over a decade is a fool's errand, but god forbid anyone try to tell your heroic ass that.

Now you're throwing a temper tantrum like every other selfish child your age who doesn't instantly get what they want and because we didn't coddle you and spoon-feed you the answers you were looking for.

Here's some advice: Make an actual, genuine attempt at searching (FOR THINGS THAT ACTUALLY FIT THE CAR), and try again. I bet you'll find answers from:

Koni

KYB

Bilstein

Tein

Swift

Epic

BC Racing

ISC

RCE

Fortune Auto

H&R

AST

and many others. Those were just off the top of my head, and they're all for the right fucking car.

I could suck start a snow blower.

First off....basic spring/shock factoid....Putting a suspension made for a 2800lb car on a 3400lb car will not end well, even if it fit. Spring rates on the BRZ/FRS are around 170, not enough for a nose heavy AWD LGT, and the shock damping will not control the weight of the heavy motor that sits in front of the front axle.

First off....basic spring/shock factoid....Putting a suspension made for a 2800lb car on a 3400lb car will not end well, even if it fit. ....

Or springs for a 3400lb MT sedan on a 3650lb AT wagon... Glaring at my epic/koni setup that sagged like hell and bottoms out all the time.

OP: buy what was designed for you car, even small deviations can be a huge pain.

First off....basic spring/shock factoid....Putting a suspension made for a 2800lb car on a 3400lb car will not end well, even if it fit. Spring rates on the BRZ/FRS are around 170, not enough for a nose heavy AWD LGT, and the shock damping will not control the weight of the heavy motor that sits in front of the front axle.

I mean without knowing the motion ratio, the wheel rate could end up being the same, or it could end up even more horribly off.

But for a legacy I'd just say don't try to be clever and just put a set of either Koni yellows or Bilsteins in it. I can't really recommend USDM spec B bilsteins with lowering springs, because they're too soft (at least for the swifts I have on mine). Some of the JDM yo bilsteins are much stiffer and would probably work better.

Look I have no idea about you guys but I don't have enough money to buy Koni yellows or bilstiens. I know that they are good when mated with swift springs or sti pink springs but that's just out of my budget. I only bought this car because it was really cheap. And I basically had a stage 2 setup because I got everything for a really really really good price on Craigslist. It's just when something is specific for this car it costs more because let's just say it's not that popular of a car so parts aren't abundant and cheap. I'm just looking for a cheaper alternative. I'm actually considering hockey pucks to stiffen my suspension. I bought this as a temporary car and I don't want to invest a whole lot into it. But i do want to modify it so I can at least have my fun with it. I can't explain. I had $4000 and picked up an 05 LGT with 104k miles and all maintenance records for $3900. ONLY REASON I HAVE ONE. Or else it's not that great of a car. The interior on these cars aren't that bad, and exterior is more of a 2003 Camry especially the ones with wings. Only reason I love this car, it's an Underdog. I'm not being stubborn, I'm not being a child. I am just a guy on a budget. That's all.

Archived