LegacyGT.com

Me and friend installed downpipe and uppipe, and the bolt that goes in uppipe bung shot out and burnt my maf wires. Now it wont start, any ideas? I am repairing wires right now but i had separated them and tried starting but still same thing.

Pull the negative battery cable for about 15 minutes.

The engine will crank for about 10 seconds before it fires

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just checked fuses didnt find anything. Tried connecting my laptop but it wont connect. I never flashed my ecu before, so I am finding it hard to believe it just fried from the maf wires shorting out.

Try disconnecting the MAF sensor then cranking... You might have shorted something internally to the MAF sensor causing the ECU to shut itself off. I had that happen with a CPS a while back on a different car. The sensor shorted internally causing the ECU to shutoff.(got NO BUS message on dash) Once I disconnected the sensor, the no bus message disappeared and gauges were OK. Replaced the sensor and all was fine.

The heat must have wreaked havoc on that wire harness, I will find out tomorrow whats going on. Being that they are still looking and had to call me to ask what the hell was goin on with my car because of all the aftermarket mods, I assume the ecu is probably ok, because they would have stopped right there. But cant say for sure, just hoping! 110 dollars to find out why it doesnt start, thats gonna be a well earned 110!

I believe they said on phone line 4 blow a fuse and one of wires in maf sensor was pulled. 220 to diagnose and fix..... BAH, I pulled every fuse and still did not find it.... Is there a fuse location I could have overlooked? I pulled all the fuses near driver seat and my buddy "supposedly" checked all the ones under hood.... Good thing he said, he will split the bill if its a fuse, no way its a fuse!!! I like when people put their money where their mouth is, SCORE!

Archived