LegacyGT.com

Immobilizer issues, I want to hear stories about it

Blumpkin

I have been having major issues with my immobilizer unit causing the car to stall out intermittently. I just got the car back after it being in the shop for 6 weeks. The dealership actually had to call in a SOA Regional Engineer. Now that I got the car back, the second day it started with the same problem. The car will turn on, idle for a couple of seconds and then shut off and the security light is back on after it stalls out. I am just trying to get an idea of how common this issue is and how long it took to reach a resolution.

What year is the car? 6 weeks in the shop is inexcusable. Lemon law it, if you are still within your ability.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

so.... you guys will never guess what was causing the issue. Simple as hell, aparently hard to find. They used a shoulder bolt to ground the immobilizer, the shoulder bolt was actually preventing the ground wire from properly grounding...... the car has been working perfectly for the past 7 hours now. I am luckily out of town so they will have time to run it while its hot out to test that as well.

Archived