LegacyGT.com

Where are your gauges?

Hey all, I don't plan on doing a whole lot more regarding performance mods, this is my daily and I want to keep it fairly reliable, that being said I want to be safe about things. Already have the boost gauge, but I'm also looking to get an oil pressure gauge and AFR/wideband somewhere in the car. So where does everyone have their gauges mounted in their Legacy? I look and really don't see much room for a "2 gauge pod" anywhere. Thanks in advance everyone!

Here you go.

Ugh I love the look of that! I wish I didn't have an aftermarket head unit already in there because it takes up pretty much all of the space available. I have no idea where I can get gauges lol. Maybe an A-pillar? idk

EDIT: Also I envy your thermostat as well :( I got in my car to go to lunch today and it said 117...

RHD vent boost gauge. Too bad you already have the boost gauge, I'm planning on getting oil pressure hooked up to the VBG too. Love the subtle look of it.

:eek::eek: That's awesome... smart idea!

This is from a Mazda (just did a quick image search) but I've seen the same thing used on our Legacys. IMO I'd prefer this rather than the A-pillar.

The only problem with this idea is that's where my boost gauge sits LOL. I can't win, I'm telling you. :confused:

It's a standalone gauge there is no pod in general, I'll try to get a picture on here later tonight when I'm not at work. But I would need to buy a new boost gauge, and I actually really like the digital gauge I have right now. I wish I had more space to play with haha, but I don't like a "crowded" look either. The struggle!

Im pretty sure there is a thread somewhere that has pictures of where everyone has mounted gauges... I want to say it's In the interior section of this forum

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

For those with navi, the cubby is not an option :(

I'd consider one of the multi-function gauges, but there is nowhere clean to mount one.

My issue as well. I dont want to give up the factory nav setup for gauges in a cubby. I'm hoping to run 3 gauges (boost, oil pressure and AFR/wideband), but have no idea what to do. I'm not at all a fan of ricey A pillar pods. Thinking of a custom cluster above the rear view mirror on the front edge of the headliner at the windsheild.

I really like the triple A-pillar from JCS pods. Boost on top (very easy to see out of the corner of your eye). http://oi62.tinypic.com/t0165e.jpg

I love the look of this A-pillar pod. I'll definitely be purchasing this in the future.

I'd consider one of the multi-function gauges, but there is nowhere clean to mount one.

My issue as well. I dont want to give up the factory nav setup for gauges in a cubby. I'm hoping to run 3 gauges (boost, oil pressure and AFR/wideband), but have no idea what to do. I'm not at all a fan of ricey A pillar pods. Thinking of a custom cluster above the rear view mirror on the front edge of the headliner at the windsheild.

Not sure if it's still produced, but take a look into the HKS CAMP2 system. It'll display everything on the factory NAV screen.

EDIT: Also I envy your thermostat as well :( I got in my car to go to lunch today and it said 117...

I was parked in a shady area, it ended up being 105* yesterday. I don't envy the AZ heat. :lol:

My wife's balls are delicious.

Was kinda snooping around my car and thinking yesterday and I'm pretty sure the only "clean" way of mounting the gauges are going to be a 2 pod A pillar piece. It doesn't look bad I suppose. Where is the best place to find one?

i'm dying to get that replaced with a nexus 7 and run the torque app via and obdII bluetooth adapter. seems like a really stylish way to go. next mod, next mod...

i can put anything i want down here?!

i'm dying to get that replaced with a nexus 7 and run the torque app via and obdII bluetooth adapter. seems like a really stylish way to go. next mod, next mod...

Yeah I am also planning to do that. Already been using the torque app. BUT, one member over here has been able to get live romraider like data and some kind of Learning View data all showing up on his Android device! He said this is a project. But I will kindly bug (and probably pay) him to get a copy of his software.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Archived