LegacyGT.com

off throttle lurching/stuttering

I've searched on "throttle", "off throttle", "accelerator", "lurching" and "stutter" but came up with nothing. From what I've read this isn't related to the other stutter problem that seems fairly common.

My problem: accelerating in first or (to a lesser extent ) second gear and then lifting off the throttle I get a nice head-shaking stutter. And I'm not talking about hard launches or WOT acceleration. It can happens during 1/3 throttle and as low as 2.5k or 3k RPM as well as WOT. I just take my foot off the accelerator and my head starts bobbing from the lurching.

Usually it happens when I first drive the car and kinda goes away as the car warms up. Its done this since day 1, but originally I thought it was my driving. But the more I drive the more I'm sure its not.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm getting tired of explaining to people that its really *not* my bad stick driving. :D

mine does it too. I think it's just 'slack' in the tranny. Don't notice it as much in the higher revs casue the 'slack' gets taken up much faster.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I was thinking it was more of a drivetrain thing than a gearing/ECU thing. Just wanted to see if I was alone...I think I'll talk bring it up during my next oil change.

I've searched on "throttle", "off throttle", "accelerator", "lurching" and "stutter" but came up with nothing. From what I've read this isn't related to the other stutter problem that seems fairly common.

My problem: accelerating in first or (to a lesser extent ) second gear and then lifting off the throttle I get a nice head-shaking stutter. And I'm not talking about hard launches or WOT acceleration. It can happens during 1/3 throttle and as low as 2.5k or 3k RPM as well as WOT. I just take my foot off the accelerator and my head starts bobbing from the lurching.

Usually it happens when I first drive the car and kinda goes away as the car warms up. Its done this since day 1, but originally I thought it was my driving. But the more I drive the more I'm sure its not.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm getting tired of explaining to people that its really *not* my bad stick driving. :D

I have noticed this too, only really in first and second gears. Now I shift during normal driving keeping my foot steady on the gas and it is smooth as an auto. But if I am low speed driving and take my foot of the gas I still get the jerk.

Archived