LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

When you have a wagon you'll realize the practically for everyday use. Literally throw anything in the back and go for it.

Dressers, lawnmowers, ladders, dog kennel, storage bins, cases of water, tires...I could go on and on

...they make trucks for that purpose too though but not as fun for a daily

Ya know, I saw this thread, and thought you were resurrecting your car at first, lol:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/stewdoggs-2010-gt-269205.html

I should get a wagon. I'm seriously finding like, a thousand things that I'd need a truck for and won't fit in my Legacy. We're about to find out if a step ladder fits in there today, lol.

Maybe I'll try and find a 3.0R Outback. Hmmm.

That one in his pic is an 08 or 09, facelift front end. Unless they did a full facelift conversion, which seems unlikely since unlike ours it requires headlights, fenders, and hood too.

2007 was the last year in the USA for the Legacy Wagon, but I believe the GT wagon was only available in a manual the 05 model year, all after that were auto, which was really what I was getting at. But I can't recall seeing many newer Legacy wagons than 05...they must have died out pretty quickly.

Edited by FLlegacy

2007 was the last year in the USA for the Legacy Wagon, but I believe the GT wagon was only available in a manual the 05 model year, all after that were auto, which was really what I was getting at. But I can't recall seeing many newer Legacy wagons than 05...they must have died out pretty quickly.
SpecB, sedan only, had a manual all the way to 09. Otherwise, IIRC, the only way you could get a manual in wagon form with a turbo was the Outback XT.

Ya know, I saw this thread, and thought you were resurrecting your car at first, lol:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/stewdoggs-2010-gt-269205.html

I should get a wagon. I'm seriously finding like, a thousand things that I'd need a truck for and won't fit in my Legacy. We're about to find out if a step ladder fits in there today, lol.

Maybe I'll try and find a 3.0R Outback. Hmmm.

Hahaha too funny. I get called "beef stew" but not stewdogg lol.

That's exactly what I have now though is an 08 h6 LL Bean, completely worth getting. Has plenty of umpphh and really nice to drive all around. Bought it back in January with no regrets.

Working on maybe king springs so I can tow a small boat.

Bbpeik and I have gone out fishing a few times and we need to step up our game and land some hogs

Is their an issue with towing a boat and the factory Outback springs on the 4th Gen Body style (3rd gen OB)? Asking because I have been thinking about getting a N/A Outback and would like to tow my boat with it...

Hahaha too funny. I get called "beef stew" but not stewdogg lol.

That's exactly what I have now though is an 08 h6 LL Bean, completely worth getting. Has plenty of umpphh and really nice to drive all around. Bought it back in January with no regrets.

Bbpeik and I have gone out fishing a few times and we need to step up our game and land some hogs

Oh yeah, I forgot. Get that thing tuned man, what you waiting for?

Spent from 3PM until just now, prepping and painting. I'm starting to think I'll still be going at it well into next week.

Is their an issue with towing a boat and the factory Outback springs on the 4th Gen Body style (3rd gen OB)? Asking because I have been thinking about getting a N/A Outback and would like to tow my boat with it...

No issues that I'm aware of, they have 3000lb towing capacity.

If I got a little john boat with small (less than 25hp engine) I would leave it as is.

I'm considering 14-18ft boat. Just don't want the saggy butt and also I'm going +1 in tire size because i have 2inch ADF strut spacers waiting to go on. I've had it packed to the brim with cases of water, my guess.1200lb and it squatted pretty good.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Get that thing tuned man, what you waiting for?

Spent from 3PM until just now, prepping and painting. I'm starting to think I'll still be going at it well into next week.

I'd love a tune. I'm closing in on the 60k service here within the next two months and once that's done I might. Meanwhile it's plenty of an upgrade over the 05 na legacy wagon I have too. It's getting sold this weekend actually

Just got back from driving to a disclosed shipping cargo warehouse (couple of days) and the CEL came on once I got about 2 miles away from my home. :icon_frow

Hopefully I can get to my friend shop before he leaves today to have it scan. I need to invest an a couple of scanner one of these days to have it on hand.

Edited by amusa

I used to hate the stock 18" GT wheels, but they are really growing on me after using them with snow tires this winter. I may even say that I actually like them now. They are heavy rims though. One of my friend commented that my GT must noticeably faster in the cold winter, it doesn't because my summer wheels are a good 5# lighter :lol:

Finally got a new phone today. iPhone 5S 16GB --> iPhone 8 256GB. Happy to finally be able to take nice clear pictures of my car again without dust on the lens. :lol: Also won't have to worry about picture storage space for the phone's foreseeable life too, which was a constant issue previously lmao.

Know what my favorite part of this is? No? Me neither.

[ATTACH]264117[/ATTACH]

That's brutal! We only got 4 or so inches, but it's still snowing today. This sucks! I can't wait to go to Mexico this weekend and with no snow to mess up my travel plans... I hope.

Good luck melting that crap off quickly!!

Installed a home security system - Swann wired set up - one of the times I was very happy that I'm only 5'7 and 165lbs as I squeezed into small areas of my attic running wires. Ive got a bunch of scrapes on my bald head from where the nails from the roof was digging in as my mouth was breathing in that insulation snow crap... But, I did it! pretty cool and quite proud of myself. Sore today!

I've decided I'm going to start assembling a picture compendium/general FAQ for body kits available for the 5th gen, both OEM and aftermarket. I realized we don't really have anything like that (we have the Exterior Mods thread, but that's more of a general thread and the info is a bit scattered) and I think it would be a good resource if not just for information and history keeping.

I was on Facebook today and saw a 1993 Typhoon for sale. I looked at the VIN and was surprised to see it my old 1993 Typhoon FS. It looks quite different now. It has a mismatched hood, grill, fender, tailgate and is missing some of the body cladding. I sold it 15 years ago, with 166k miles on it. The FS ad was claiming it had 79k miles on it.

Seeing both of these today led me to consider that

depending on preference and personal choice either one could be

an owner's a. daily beater b. track toy

or of course neither (even if compensated for it)

The concrete jungle harbours an endless array of automotive gems and disasters...

20180416_130614.thumb.jpg.7203f978c95d42b61df6a6199794f0c1.jpg

20180416_131001.thumb.jpg.d56d8b25a2050a904c7d0b0d74b2ce8b.jpg