LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I'd love to see the look on the retailer's face when someone tries to buy a 25-shot nitrous kit...

Although, it would be entertaining to see how long the FB25 would hold up to a 100-shot. I'd wager about 6 revs.

Probably longer than the CVT would hold up...in any case it would probably be an uneventful ending to that engines life, most likely blow a headgasket or start knocking.

I read a hot rod article way back in the day, basically how much nitrous a junkyard motor could take. The writers stuck a 318 into a test mule with a 727 and if memory serves they ran a 250 shot into it before it croaked.

The 318 was a pretty stout little motor in its day. The only weak link I know of on those were the plastic coated timing chain sprockets....ask me how I know...hehe! And the 727 could handle a lot.

Stout yes, but a performance turd.

People need to get off there dam phones. This young female was texting and rear ended the Legacy yesterday at a traffic light. My pregno wife was rush to the hospital in an ambulance. The baby heart rate was at 180 and thought it was a little high but anyway she has a schedule appointment for this Monday with her OB doctor.

I talked to the police officer at the Hospital that was on the scene and she wrote up the police report. She said there is very minor damage to the rear bumper. Very friendly officer she took care of my wife until I got there.

I'm going to the tow yard to get the Legacy in few hours then going to the airport to pick up my wife sister. Then go get crabs since my wife or my future son is craving for crabs.

My Insurance is already working on the case.

Edited by amusa

More ongoing problems with not getting e-mail notifications about replies to threads I am subscribed to......... This has been going on for months!! I changed my e-mail address on the Forum so that the notifications did not have to go through my normal server which had been blocking them in the past. I switched to G-Mail and that worked for a few weeks but not anymore :( At a guess I would say there have been around a hundred replies to my subscribed threads since the last notification I received.

I am going to unsubscribe from all those threads and then re-subscribe (Again) to see if it helps.....am I the only one who has these problems??

I have posted these issues on the "Website questions" thread...no reply at all....and I have sent SBT the same info....no reply.

HELP!!!

Scooby Fan, have you tried checking the notification type for your subscribed threads? Go to User CP and find "List Subscriptions" on the left hand side. Click on that and it'll list out all your subscribed threads. At the far right, there's a column for "Notification". If it says "None", that might be your problem, as that won't send any emails for your sub's. Click the check box at the top to check all of them and goo all the way to the bottom of the page on the right hand side to the drop down that says "Move To Folder". In that drop down, you can change the email notification type to None, Instant, Daily, or Weekly. Make sure something other than None is selected. Hopefully that will help.

JmB7PjF.png.88f53558892902b19c6298ff27eefc6b.png

lB28MfV.png.d578a0a8d8fbdbe7438122b0d3d30870.png

Ine9yae.thumb.png.45fa1a44c062d4126e394ab8cc436a34.png

83PXZtN.png.dc50e6842bfdf61aa0d7eaff4c2904a0.png

Scooby Fan, have you tried checking the notification type for your subscribed threads? Go to User CP and find "List Subscriptions" on the left hand side. Click on that and it'll list out all your subscribed threads. At the far right, there's a column for "Notification". If it says "None", that might be your problem, as that won't send any emails for your sub's. Click the check box at the top to check all of them and goo all the way to the bottom of the page on the right hand side to the drop down that says "Move To Folder". In that drop down, you can change the email notification type to None, Instant, Daily, or Weekly. Make sure something other than None is selected. Hopefully that will help.

Thanks Humble....... I have done all that numerous times to no avail..... they are all marked as "Instant"

This has been an ongoing issue for quite some time....started about a year ago, then was fine for a while then more problems...found out my normal e-mail server has LegacyGT down as a spam site due to the volume of e-mails generated and so the server was blocking all those e-mails..... That is when I switched to G-Mail and that worked fine for about 2-3 weeks then...nothing for weeks.:mad:

Every time I post about this issue it seems to work okay again for a short time then more problems.:confused: Just got 3 notifications today....after my post..... see if it holds this time....... Fingers crossed:rolleyes:

Very minor damage to the legacy. I see (2) hole marks from the license plate bolts and scratches and nicks. The mechanical of the vehicle is fine and I did not notice anything out of the ordinary when I was driving it.

The OB called us last night and said don't listen to the Hospital nurse they did not measure the heart rate correctly (should be 120-160 per minute). The OB is going to do a full scan and check up tomorrow.

I really only want the "Subaru Boxer H6" plate from the middle. Cheapest one I've found on eBay is $80, seems like a waste of money for just that. :/ Trying to find junkyards in the area.

Well.... looks like the time has come for me to part with the GT. :( The wife has been complaining since day one about her not being able to drive it, so for the betterment of my marriage and sanity it's time to let it go. I don't think I've loved a car this much my entire life.... Will probably shop around for a Regal GS or something similar. I'd prefer to sell to someone here, so pm me if you're interested

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Well.... looks like the time has come for me to part with the GT. :( The wife has been complaining since day one about her not being able to drive it, so for the betterment of my marriage and sanity it's time to let it go. I don't think I've loved a car this much my entire life.... Will probably shop around for a Regal GS or something similar. I'd prefer to sell to someone here, so pm me if you're interested

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Oh please, we know what day it is.