LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Nothing compared to city and suburb light pollution (usually a function of bad urban architecture and lighting design and excessive use of flood lights in the name of a false sense of safety).

I'm all for seeing the milky way, star formations and planets as you can still do away from civilization and our ancestors did just a few short centuries ago, but we're doing in wrong and this would be a drop in the bucket of wrong.

Experiencing yet another problem with getting notifications for threads I am subscribed to. Second time this has happened to me. In the past 2 weeks I have had NO notifications for the hundreds of replies to threads I am subscribed to on the forum.

I have checked my home PC settings... all good.

I have checked my settings in the User CP...all good

PITA :(

Anyone have any ideas??

Experiencing yet another problem with getting notifications for threads I am subscribed to. Second time this has happened to me. In the past 2 weeks I have had NO notifications for the hundreds of replies to threads I am subscribed to on the forum.

I have checked my home PC settings... all good.

I have checked my settings in the User CP...all good

PITA :(

Anyone have any ideas??

check your spam folder and contact SBT.

check your spam folder and contact SBT.

Thanks Joe

I have done that already...posted a question to SBT in the "Site questions" thread...same as I did the last time this happened...no reply yet.

My e-mail is configured so it sends LegacyGT.com e-mails to a separate folder....nothing there for 2 weeks.... I have checked the server at my ISP site...nada. :spin:

Shopping for baby car seat.

Uppababy for the Subaru.

Sparco for the Benz.

I refuse to get the car seat adapter for the Benz since It's a 2dr and I can see it will be a pain in the rear trying to strap it in with the seat belt. I rather have one permanently install. That way I don't have to mess with the seat belt every time.

Went out to the local Wednesday Subaru meet last night for the first time in a while. Had a great time catching up with folks and met and hung out with a new-to-me local 5th gen owner. Super nice guy, has a 2013 2.5i, and is enthusiastic about the car and local scene. Will be nice to not be the only one at meets anymore. :)

Also spotted a 3rd 5th gen at the meet last night as I was leaving, which simply does not happen around here! We're growing! :lol:

So I bought this oil drain pan a while back and my dad came over to help me work on my car. I had already set the front on stands and went around to lift the rear and he proceeded to remove the safety clip from the valve, set the oil drain pan under it without removing and installing the funnel into the pan opening and drain the oil onto the side of the pan...honest mistake but freaking hilarious. Except the clean-up part!

Damn it’s been awhile. Life happens quick.

I find myself at a crossroads with the Legacy. He’s got 155k on it now and the head gaskets made a good run but finally having an issue.

My immediate thought is throw in a low mileage used 2.5 motor. But the 3.6 is actually cheaper for the motor by a couple hundred bucks. After pricing engine wiring and ecu it’s a few hundred over.

I’m not worried about the wiring at all. I personally love that shit.

I’ve looked into a 6 speed tranny and the 3.6 bolting up awhile ago and I don’t remember an issue.

Has anyone matched an ez36 to a 5 or 6 speed using an oem ecu that anybody knows of?

That’s pretty much the tipping point of a 2.5 or 3.6. If I gotta use a stand alone ecu and **** around with emissions every two years.

Never got my renewal notice in the mail for the Legacy. Good thing I checked the plates to see when it expired (April/2018). I just renew the registration online. Waiting for my new stickers to come in. I need to go thru my papers to see when the last time I did SMOG. I never got the papers for the emission either but want to make sure I won't miss it and then get penalize with late fees.

Never got my renewal notice in the mail for the Legacy. Good thing I checked the plates to see when it expired (April/2018). I just renew the registration online. Waiting for my new stickers to come in. I need to go thru my papers to see when the last time I did SMOG. I never got the papers for the emission either but want to make sure I won't miss it and then get penalize with late fees.

So glad I moved out of Northern VA and don't have to deal with emissions anymore. Just a heads up, you can set up email alerts on the DMV site, i got an email on feb 1 telling me my rego expired at the end of the month.

So glad I moved out of Northern VA and don't have to deal with emissions anymore. Just a heads up, you can set up email alerts on the DMV site, i got an email on feb 1 telling me my rego expired at the end of the month.

I live in MD. We only deal with emission every 2 years. I do have email alert set up with MVA. I already got the notice for the Benz like last month by mail/email but never for the Subaru :confused:

Damn it’s been awhile. Life happens quick.

I find myself at a crossroads with the Legacy. He’s got 155k on it now and the head gaskets made a good run but finally having an issue.

My immediate thought is throw in a low mileage used 2.5 motor. But the 3.6 is actually cheaper for the motor by a couple hundred bucks. After pricing engine wiring and ecu it’s a few hundred over.

I’m not worried about the wiring at all. I personally love that shit.

I’ve looked into a 6 speed tranny and the 3.6 bolting up awhile ago and I don’t remember an issue.

Has anyone matched an ez36 to a 5 or 6 speed using an oem ecu that anybody knows of?

That’s pretty much the tipping point of a 2.5 or 3.6. If I gotta use a stand alone ecu and **** around with emissions every two years.

1990 Subaru Legacy

Subaru EZ36 engine

EMTRON KV8 ECU

STI Six speed

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1236240

I think its doable.

I live in MD. We only deal with emission every 2 years. I do have email alert set up with MVA. I already got the notice for the Benz like last month by mail/email but never for the Subaru :confused:

I don't know why i always assume VA for DC area. We had to it every 2 years too which isn't bad, but still better to not have to do em haha. That's weird though. glad you caught it.

Thanks Joe

I have done that already...posted a question to SBT in the "Site questions" thread...same as I did the last time this happened...no reply yet.

My e-mail is configured so it sends LegacyGT.com e-mails to a separate folder....nothing there for 2 weeks.... I have checked the server at my ISP site...nada. :spin:

Well....... I just spent a couple of hours chatting with my ISP help line....... turns out that e-mail notifications from LegacyGT.com are being blocked from coming to Shaw.ca by a site called Barracuda..... They say that is a security site that is blocking the e-mails to Shaw because Barracuda sees LegacyGt as a Spam site.

I set my UserCP e-mail address as a Gmail address and set that to forward my Legacy e-mails to my regular Shaw inbox.... PITA but it seems to work :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infosecdad http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

Barracuda is a security company. They are talking about an email spam appliance that filters emails based on reputation. Apparently their datasource for reputation thinks that legacygt.com is a less than reputable site for sending emails. If desired, there are a few things the admins can probably do to improve email reputation scores to improve the likelihood of the notifications getting through.

Yup....that is exactly what the help guys at Shaw told me.... they presume that due to the volume of e-mails emanating from LegacyGT that they must be a spam site..... hopefully our Admins will correct the problem directly with Barracuda..... as far as Shaw could tell this problem is primarily with e-mails coming to Canada and the Shaw system.

Well....... I just spent a couple of hours chatting with my ISP help line....... turns out that e-mail notifications from LegacyGT.com are being blocked from coming to Shaw.ca by a site called Barracuda..... They say that is a security site that is blocking the e-mails to Shaw because Barracuda sees LegacyGt as a Spam site.

I set my UserCP e-mail address as a Gmail address and set that to forward my Legacy e-mails to my regular Shaw inbox.... PITA but it seems to work :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infosecdad http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

Barracuda is a security company. They are talking about an email spam appliance that filters emails based on reputation. Apparently their datasource for reputation thinks that legacygt.com is a less than reputable site for sending emails. If desired, there are a few things the admins can probably do to improve email reputation scores to improve the likelihood of the notifications getting through.

Yup....that is exactly what the help guys at Shaw told me.... they presume that due to the volume of e-mails emanating from LegacyGT that they must be a spam site..... hopefully our Admins will correct the problem directly with Barracuda..... as far as Shaw could tell this problem is primarily with e-mails coming to Canada and the Shaw system.

Having worked for an email newsletter company as a developer, preserving your email sender reputation isn't necessarily an exact science.

Failed emissions test today because of this bullsh*t. The plug isn't loose, just the entire bracket its attached to. I can't work out any way to make this less floppy. I poured over the OEM diagrams and it appears to just be like this. I've wedged some rags behind it to try and keep it firmer. If that doesn't work, I'm going to bitch to the testing site supervisor. This is the dumbest thing I've ever encountered.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrVFIh8VNhg]Loose OBD2 - YouTube[/ame]