LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I can probably skate by on PUBG, but I'm discovering that my 660Ti can't quite hack it on newer games. Of course, cryptocurrency becomes hugely popular when I start looking for a new midrange graphics card- something that was $250 a year ago is now $600, if you can find one.

I just had a new front bumper painted at a place the Subaru dealer recommended. I knew it was high end, but I figured it was worth it to have it done right. I come to pick it up, guy asks if I want to see it before they wrap it up. He takes me back to one of the garage areas..... P1 and 720S sitting next to each other, in a matching aqua metallic color.

My Subaru bumper was honored to be painted in the same shop.

I took my car out for about a 10 mile drive today. All over various back roads hoping to God I didn't see a cop. Car ran great. One thing that I have noticed since the swap is that my DAM FKC FKL are much more stable. I am guessing that the shorter gearing and lightened flywheel are making it much easier on the engine to get the car going. I hardly have to touch the throttle now and the car starts pulling. Even in fourth at a quarter throttle at 2200 rpm the car just pulls and boost comes on super quick.

hey guys searched on here couldn't find the answer i'm looking for...

yesterday I did the quad brake light mod, and now my car starter doesn't want to work, I assume it's from the car starter not sensing the brakes are on, I assume a load resistor would work eg...

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B015JHP5QC/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1OYOF5XKHAXEV

but want to make sure it's the right resistance, I remember reading about it some where just can't find it anymore.

yesterday I did the quad brake light mod, and now my car starter doesn't want to work, I assume it's from the car starter not sensing the brakes are on, I assume a load resistor would work eg...

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B015JHP5QC/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1OYOF5XKHAXEV

but want to make sure it's the right resistance, I remember reading about it some where just can't find it anymore.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145743

Adding a brake light to the circuit increases load (unless you swapped out to LED bulbs), but that doesn't matter, the brakes should be off anyway when you hit the remote starter. It's seems like a coincidental and completely different issue.

Adding a brake light to the circuit increases load (unless you swapped out to LED bulbs), but that doesn't matter, the brakes should be off anyway when you hit the remote starter. It's seems like a coincidental and completely different issue.

i swapped to led, at lunch I'll test if swapping out 2 of the 4 bulbs to halogen will fix it.

I have had a P0204 CEL for the last 2 or 3 weeks on my 2011 LGT (misfire on cylinder 4). Everything I looked up and read about it said that it was either a faulty spark plug, or a bad coil pack. The car just turned 90k miles. Over the weekend I replaced the spark plugs, and I had to remove the battery to get to the plugs on the right side of the engine bay. The car is running fine so far... and removing the battery cleared my CEL so it was a win/win.

fixxed by swapping 2 of the leds out to halogen, now I just need to figure out the difference resistance between led and halogen.

LED doesn't have a resistance, its a semi conductor. When its off, its open (near infinite). When its on, it has a voltage drop.

I have had a P0204 CEL for the last 2 or 3 weeks on my 2011 LGT (misfire on cylinder 4). Everything I looked up and read about it said that it was either a faulty spark plug, or a bad coil pack. The car just turned 90k miles. Over the weekend I replaced the spark plugs, and I had to remove the battery to get to the plugs on the right side of the engine bay. The car is running fine so far... and removing the battery cleared my CEL so it was a win/win.

PO204 is for a cyl 4 injector circuit malfunction. PO304 is for a cyl 4 misfire. I wasnt sure if you possibly mis typed it. Either way you should get it looked at. If it comes back that is. Either of those codes can lead to bad things. Just my two cents.

My Legacy is driving me insane. Tracing an air leak in one of the wheel for years.

Did the following

1. Replace all (4) tires

2. Replace the wheel with a brand new OEM 17" alloy from Subaru.

3. Replace TPMS sensor and valve stem (thinking of bad o-ring)

4. Reseal the beads.

5. Can't find any leak from spraying it with soapy water.

That same wheel (new or old) is still leaking air loosing 3-4lbs in a week.

At this point I don't know what to do except dunk the whole wheel in a bath tub and leave it to see if there any bubbles. If I'm going this rout I have to do it while my wife is not home. She would kill me.

Edited by amusa