LegacyGT.com

Issue with the Radio taking a long time to start playing music

Hey everyone, when I start my car a good amount of the time it takes anywhere from 10-20 seconds for the radio to start playing and sometimes it works just fine. It definitely has that delay more often though.

I've had my Legacy since September '21 and never had this problem till about middle of November. I started my car like normal then my display screen kind of froze then rebooted itself. I feel like ever since then I've been having this issue.

I do use SirusXM but it also happens on my local radio stations as well.

Anyone ever heard of this or might know of a fix?

Thank you.

My head unit acts up like that in the winter. Long delays and random reboots. In fact I drove for about 5 minutes home before the music finally turned on. I have updated the firmware to the latest and it still happens. Told my Subaru dealer about it during my last service and was told they would look at it. My hope was they would just replace the head unit.

In the end, he said there is noting they can do because they didn't see it malfunction. The dealer told me I would have to video it with my phone and come back so they can see it. Seems ridiculous that I should have to have my phone out and ready to video each time I start the car. Going to complain about it again at my next service in hopes that eventually they will replace it.

been an issue since day 1 with 3 updates. it's amazing how an American company, dodge, can make an infotainment system vastly superior to an Asian brand. it all comes down to crap hardware trying to save fifteen dollars and crap software. mine is frozen for at least 45 seconds on startup trying to get to the vehicle menu to disable collision avoidance which is such a major failure on these vehicles there is a class action do it.

Mine only has the long delay when I have left it on a Sirius-XM station. Have you done (or had the dealer do) the CCU software updates from October and the end of January?

My wife ran into similar radio issues when she used the Sirius stations on her Outback XT. She no longer uses Sirius and has not complained about the issue since.