LegacyGT.com

Fuel pump going on when leaving a door open?...

Anybody noticed the fuel pump or something from the back undercarriage going On if you leave a door open more than 5 or 10 minutes? It happened to me a couple times now and I have to recycle the ignition (without starting the engine) to get the noise to stop. Strange as it could drain the battery or toast the pump. BTW, both my GF and I have the exact same car, even to the color and I couldn't get hers to display the behavior mine does. Edited by Mitaine

Are you sure it's not the fuel system check doing its thing? Specifically, I mean the fuel evap test that pressurizes the system to see if a leak in the system is detected. I know it's supposed to happen hours after you turn off the car, but maybe you're somehow getting it to start earlier?

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015

Are you sure it's not the fuel system check doing its thing? Specifically, I mean the fuel evap test that pressurizes the system to see if a leak in the system is detected. I know it's supposed to happen hours after you turn off the car, but maybe you're somehow getting it to start earlier?

It just starts humming non stop and I have no check light upon startup.

It just starts humming non stop and I have no check light upon startup.

Make a detailed video of exactly what happens and the chain of events. Make sure to take your phone over the fuel pump so everyone can clearly hear the hum. Upload the video to youtube in 4k and post on here. Send the video to your local dealer/service advisor. If they're clueless, send it to SOA.

Are you sure it's not the fuel system check doing its thing?

I agree that this seems the most likely scenario.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Make a detailed video of exactly what happens and the chain of events. Make sure to take your phone over the fuel pump so everyone can clearly hear the hum. Upload the video to youtube in 4k and post on here. Send the video to your local dealer/service advisor. If they're clueless, send it to SOA.

I might if it does it again. But for other issues, I've not been impressed by my dealer and SOC. So the less I do business with them, the better.