LegacyGT.com

4th Gen Dash Difference between F/L and pre F/L

Hi all, I'm looking at replacing the dash in my 4th gen face lift legacy due to cracking.

Would anyone know if a pre facelift dash would fit in my facelit car?

I know some dashes have the speaker in the middle (mine doesn't) but someone has told me that the two aren't interchangeable, but I thought they would be.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a definite answer for this question? I have a F/L wagon and have acquired a Pre F/L dash but it's a lot of work to pull the old dash out to find the replacement doesn't fit...

I fear they are different enough not to be swappable as they have different part numbers and aren't showing as substitutions for each other.

But if anyone knows that would be great, or if there's a way to make the Pre F/L dash fit in an F/L, even better.

Thanks.

USDM models the pre-facelift and post-facelift models are different in the glove box area if I remember correctly. There were some threads here people swapping them out. Not sure if it is only for the back of glove box where cabin air filter access panel is located.

Meaning that one can probably fit the dash itself from either pre or post FL car into the other but all the other plastic panels that attach to the dash around and behind it may not be swappable between the two.

Euro/JDM models are *likely* in the same boat as far as different between pre/post go. I am speculating here as there isn't that much info about ROW/JDM models on this forum.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

USDM models the pre-facelift and post-facelift models are different in the glove box area if I remember correctly. There were some threads here people swapping them out. Not sure if it is only for the back of glove box where cabin air filter access panel is located.

Meaning that one can probably fit the dash itself from either pre or post FL car into the other but all the other plastic panels that attach to the dash around and behind it may not be swappable between the two.

Euro/JDM models are *likely* in the same boat as far as different between pre/post go. I am speculating here as there isn't that much info about ROW/JDM models on this forum.

correct. the post and pre dashes are different in the glove box area is what I've found. i have the pre dash in mine, but i have the post glove box, container, center consul, knee panel. to make the post glove box and container work, I had to cut out the stupid brackets that mounted to the pre glove box container. the usdm glove box was a 90% match to the post trim parts and that bothered me. found a post edm box set in finland.

IMG_4739.thumb.jpg.c687e3d6c60d3d98a0a51effd802b1d9.jpg

IMG_4782.jpg.61ba6c5a1b72f999b52ffa6c00ae7217.jpg

Edited by 05MNLGT