LegacyGT.com

Hi everyone, I’m in the process of doing a N/A turbo build. Nothing fancy vf43 only going to run about 6-7 psi until it blows then putting my heads on a ej255 or EJ257. So I have everything ready to put in the car just saving money for a tune. I’m getting impatient but the question is can I install everything and just unhook the wastegate actuator arm so it makes no boost. Would this cause any problems?

you can run low boost on your stock tune so no boost wouldn't be a problem i don't think.

you would just be putting wear on your turbo parts and not getting anything from them.

you could find a forester turbo and it only has a 5psi waste gate and run it on yours until you get tuned.

you can run low boost on a stock tune just be safe until you get that tune then go hard.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure why you would go with a VF43 for a low boost application. Try a TD04 HL/L and get a 6psi actuator. Stock tune can live with it out of boost but its just not an optimal way to go about this project. No need to buy a 255/7 bottom end either your 253 can handle 6-10 psi safely. Keep it cheap, keep it simple :) when the time comes to go through with it

Well it’s only starting out as a low boost app. My engine has 200k in it don’t think it will last long with boost so once it blows then I will but ej257 block on my heads and turn up the boost. I won’t put the block in until it does blow its more of a fall back plan

Archived