LegacyGT.com

Need some help

:confused: While I was driving I notice there was some smoke coming from the hood. I turned around and went into a gas station. I pop the hood and saw the antifreeze leaking a little so filled up but not much. Then when I tried to start it. It would pop a bit than die out but when I rev the engine it would run fine. Any ideas on what the problem could be??????

Actually, if it stalls out when you start it, but works fine when you give it some gas, it may very well be the IACV, as that suggests it might be stuck closed, so the engine only gets air when you open the throttle body yourself.

Makes me wanna waterproof my engine bay. Anyone made a write up or what main parts to start?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqQ3IyyObsk]Unbelievable waterproof spray. Never Wet, Nano tech technology to the rescue..mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

I check the oil and I didn't see any antifreeze in it.

You will NEVER find coolant/water/antifreeze in the oil. The gaskets don't leak that way. The ring that seals the cylinder bore to the head fails, allowing the ignited fuel/air to escape the combustion chamber, super heating the coolant. This is why the car overheats, because the cooling system can't cool the coolant as quickly as it is super heated.

You will NEVER find coolant/water/antifreeze in the oil.

unless you have an automatic and the membrane that separates them in the radiator fails. or you force it to fail by jumping a minivan 6 ft in the air, landing on the front end and crushing the support, tweaking the radiator to the point that the insides are completely demolished. and then dont tell anyone about it until the damage destroys the engine.

didnt happen to me, but i helped fix the aftermath of it. teenage kid messing around in the desert. with a minivan.

Archived