LegacyGT.com

loser cuts me off, i cut him off, then he takes a pic of me!

joedirtae09

First off, let me say that I am 100% guilty of cutting people off whether if it was intentional or not. I think its safe to say under certain cicumstances we all can drive like dicks.

So let me set the scene...

Im goin straight, probably 40mph in the left lane next to a Corvette in the right. I look ahead and I see a light green Hyundai Accent inching fowards to make a right turn. I dont want him to go, but of course he does. I can see that his car is struggling to accelerate, all 2.5 cylinders barely gets him out in front of us. If the piece of shit Hyundai had any handling/power, he would have turned on to the right lane, but no.... he takes it super wide and ends up in the left lane, in front of me.

I didnt have to slam my brakes, but I did have to slow down... Once hes in front of me, he doesnt really speed off, it didnt seem like hes in a rush. Hes just going the speed limit, I dont know if the road rage had set in, but it almost seemed like he was going slower to piss me off.

Of course I had to lay on my hella horns and cut him off. I know some people will think/say, I didnt have to but c'mon... why shouldnt I? I drove slightly agressive to get in front of him but it was nothing like a Nascar maneuver, it doesnt take much for our cars to cut off a Hyundai.

Im in front of him at the light and I look back... he has his cell phone out... and he was taking a pic of my car??? WTF!! I managed to get next to him and I started to yell, "why did you take a picture". He didnt respond, he seemed like a nerdy, sketchy guy that you see on Dateline NBC to Catch a Predator.

The only reason Im posting this is becase I wanna know if he can do anything with the pic? I should have taken a pic of his car/plate but I was just too pissed.

Any thoughts on this other than suggesting I take an anger management class? :lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take the anger management class!

.....No, he can't do a single thing with the pic, do not worry. FFX county doesn't even let you send out letters to people through the DMV website anymore saying you witnessed them driving stupid (budget cuts.) I used to use that service all the time!

A friend of a friend of mine had his license revoked because he was driving like an ass hat and a friend of a cop took a picture of his license plate and his friend gave him a ticket. Yeah, that.

so...... they tracked him down after the fact?

that doesnt make any sense! :confused:

Take the anger management class!

.....No, he can't do a single thing with the pic, do not worry. FFX county doesn't even let you send out letters to people through the DMV website anymore saying you witnessed them driving stupid (budget cuts.) I used to use that service all the time!

You used to be able to do that!? Woah! That is awesome.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

A friend of a friend of mine had his license revoked because he was driving like an ass hat and a friend of a cop took a picture of his license plate and his friend gave him a ticket. Yeah, that.

Uhhh, he didn't fight that in court? Usually the officer has to witness to incident for anything to hold up. Back in 2001 I caused a fender bender, and an officer responded to the scene and gave me a ticket for failure to maintain control of my vehicle. I went to court and said not guilty, so the judge looked at the officer and asked if they witnessed it first hand or not, the officer said no, and the judge said not guilty.

I just don't understand how your friends scenario would hold up in court. If what you say is true, whats to stop that guy from just taking random pictures of people and getting his cop buddy to start handing out tickets? Doesn't add up.

You used to be able to do that!? Woah! That is awesome.

Yep! I used to write down license plates of the really idiotic drivers (not just your normal every day, close lane change stuff), and you could go to the DMV website and have an annonymous letter sent to them saying someone witnessed them driving dangerously, and to tone it down. That's all it was, no real reprocussions could ever happen, but it was satisfying knowing they'd be pissed when they got the letter anyway! :lol:

Damn budget cuts, taking all the good programs away!

Uhhh, he didn't fight that in court? Usually the officer has to witness to incident for anything to hold up. Back in 2001 I caused a fender bender, and an officer responded to the scene and gave me a ticket for failure to maintain control of my vehicle. I went to court and said not guilty, so the judge looked at the officer and asked if they witnessed it first hand or not, the officer said no, and the judge said not guilty.

I just don't understand how your friends scenario would hold up in court. If what you say is true, whats to stop that guy from just taking random pictures of people and getting his cop buddy to start handing out tickets? Doesn't add up.

This is VA cops we are talking about right? Anything is possible with them. If you want to contest by showing up to court you can.

I only posted about all this because I wanted to know if anyone else expeirenced something like this...

You can all think im a "bad" driver while believing that youre flawless. I can deal with being cut off, mergerd into, etc... Ive just never encountered someone whipping out their phone to take pic.

I think its safe to say under certain cicumstances we all can drive like dicks.

Only if you lack self control... you joke about needing anger management. You might learn a lesson the hard way after you kill someone and spend some time in jail.

Of course I had to lay on my hella horns and cut him off. I know some people will think/say, I didnt have to but c'mon... why shouldnt I?

Why shouldn't you? If you don't know the answer to this question, you shouldn't be allowed to drive.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Archived