LegacyGT.com

Oil Stupid Mistake

Hey ya'll so I drive a 2005 lgt wagon, and today I went to top off my oil because I burn a tad bit and still have about 1500 miles left until I'm due for my next oil change and it seems that I forgot about the fact that I drained my power steering/transmission fluid into an old 5w-30 jug and apparently there was a mishap where somebody put that jug back up on a shelf and I thought it was 5w30. Long story short I put about a half cup of transmission fluid into my oil tank and I was wondering if it would hurt anything to run it for another 1500 miles or if i should just cut my losses and change my oil early. Thanks.

Hey ya'll so I drive a 2005 lgt wagon, and today I went to top off my oil because I burn a tad bit and still have about 1500 miles left until I'm due for my next oil change and it seems that I forgot about the fact that I drained my power steering/transmission fluid into an old 5w-30 jug and apparently there was a mishap where somebody put that jug back up on a shelf and I thought it was 5w30. Long story short I put about a half cup of transmission fluid into my oil tank and I was wondering if it would hurt anything to run it for another 1500 miles or if i should just cut my losses and change my oil early. Thanks.
Oil is cheap. Engines are not. Change your oil.

I seem to recall many years ago that some old guys would run a little transmission fluid in the engine before the oil change...

Which you just did, now do a oil change.

Hey you might want to look into a Fumoto Oil Drain valve, all 3 of my cars have one.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here