LegacyGT.com

Can you special order a 2021 Subaru Legacy XT model?

I have a 2016 Legacy premium that has one year left on the extended warranty...Just paid off and kinda like not having a payment since the car sits out on the street under a cover and not driven much since retirement at the first of year...I like the new Legacy XT model but I can't handle the leather interior...I have a allegery to the smell of it so all my cars have cloth or one has vinyl....My question is can I order a XT with cloth? The website says no but just wondering if there's a way around it or just ask the dealer if they could switch the seats out for cloth? Probably will get one next year if this is doable.......

Thanks....

Frank T

Camarillo CA

Highly unlikely that you could order an XT without leather. As far as I know the only selection to be made would be interior color since cloth vs. leather is tied to the trim level. On the Touring XT there’s not even a color choice - it has the Sierra Tan Nappa leather exclusive to that model.

Whether you’d be able to convince a dealer to swap them out or not is a different story.

I hate that ugly leather on the XT Touring, hope they introduce other colors in 21.

As of today you can't order a 20 or 21 Legacy of any trim as they've cut off 20s and haven't released the 21 yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I had this issue when I had my Forester XT and hated the seats. The dealer told me I could buy WRX (or whichever seats) and have them install it. However there is no other way to get it like that on day 1 from the factory.

Maybe look for a wrecked Legacy and pull the seats out and do a swap.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw on the press release the 2021 Legacy Touring models Sierra Tan Napa Leather. It seems like they no longer come with Java Brown.

Sierra Tan is for the Legacy Touring, Java Brown is for the Outback Touring. The Legacy's is a bit more orange.

Where are you finding that info? I work at a Subaru dealer and the spec sheet still says you can only get the napa leather in the Touring xt model.

O.K., I' wrong, sort of. On a Legacy Limited XT the only choices shown are Slate Black leather, Titanium Grey leather, or Warm Ivory leather. However, they do still offer Tan Napa leather in the Legacy Touring XT. I guess we need to be very specific in calling out the exact model. For example, the o.p. is asking about a "Legacy XT", but that does not exist.