LegacyGT.com

'05 Legacy GT boost gauge install

johnAWD

Awesome. This is exactly what I've been looking for. :) I'm installing a boost gauge next weekend and this is absolutely perfect.

Does anybody have any additional input on how to get the hose to the cubby? That is where I'm installing mine at.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

VERY, very nice photo-essay which addresses many issues that a lot of guys are concerned with (i.e. where, exactly, is the "driver's side wheel-well and foot-well grommet").

A+ effort!

Someone please cross-post and/or move this over to the "Walk-Throughs" section! This post deserves it!

:)

Excellent job!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

As was stated earlier, 'pro' gauge from an ebay vendor. Do a search for "universal boost gauge meter" on Ebay. The seller is "wholesale-overstocks". The price was good, but he's making add'l $$ by charging $24 for shipping.

What gauge did you use?

awsome write-up!!!! makes it look so damn easy. im doing this as soon as i get it!!!

Damn, bro! I can't believe you don't have a boost gauge yet! :)

Get'er done!!!!! :lol: This is a great little mod - and simple - that results in greatly increased "fun-to-drive" quotient!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Jeez, man, you took all the ADVENTURE out of it.:lol:

Thank you for taking the time to document how you did it. I can't wait to do this to my XT, and thanks to you it will take a fraction of the time it would have had I been forced to figure all this stuff out myself. Excellent, A++

neil

Damn, bro! I can't believe you don't have a boost gauge yet! :)

Get'er done!!!!! :lol: This is a great little mod - and simple - that results in greatly increased "fun-to-drive" quotient!

Sorry im sooooo lazy:lol: I just kept pushing it back. thats the set-up im getting. i was just a little worried on the interior install part..... im not always gental with things:icon_mad: !! My buddys wrx has one & busts my ballz all the time." yah ur cars fast, but at least i have a boost gauge, puttz!!:lol: " that coming from a 'im staying all stock till the warranty is up'guy- now but talked all kinds of trash before that day...... i went stage 2:icon_tong thats all he has on me.

Good work John. Here’s another way to run the line to the turbo gauge.

I just installed my VDO turbo and voltmeter gauges (see pix; from egauges: Part No: 150-121; Part No: ATM-3222; Part No: 332-103’ CON-006). I attached the turbo from the intake manifold right before the air disperses to the individual cylinders (see hodgee’s install: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9113 ). I had trouble getting thru the firewall the same way hodgee did—I couldn’t find the wire hanger when I passed it thru the grommet. When I removed the glove compartment (what a pain), I could see the AC port on both sides of the firewall and I could see a free spot above it on the firewall. So, I held my breath and used a 2 foot drill to drill thru the firewall from the passenger compartment. Worked like a charm.

Hooked up the voltmeter to the lighter and used the cubby light wires to light the gauges—they don’t dim but that did not matter to me.

I highly recommend the turbo gauge. Helps to see what’s happening. For example, my turbo does not seem to kick in when I’m in first gear. In addition, I love seeing the needle dance.

118-1810_IMG.thumb.JPG.6e84a216477cf36dd07afe6557555ef7.JPG

118-1811_IMG.thumb.JPG.dd21b334347a528becc00a568b8c50f3.JPG

118-1812_IMG.thumb.JPG.acb4d011936895e0664bcc27fe1fb22f.JPG

118-1814_IMG.thumb.JPG.6e20e8ec33c41eff0ac6f18127c94508.JPG

118-1816_IMG.thumb.JPG.0def3b1abe8fc3d801e73bb77c743d00.JPG

Archived