LegacyGT.com

2020 Legacy GT Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude!!!!!!!!!!! Don't sandwich the thread already. Let's be realistic here...

My local SOA Sr. VP Corp Attache Contact confirmed it's coming. Let's see what he shares in the next few weeks. We're meeting at Hooters on Sunday for preseason football (he realllllllly likes preseason football I guess cause he said we had to watch it and that no one has TVs like Hooters) and he's going to slide some VIP intel on the DL at the RS during NFL.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Realistically it would probably be around 300hp and hopefully 400Nm, but not more than that.

A few things that I hope they would get into a GT:

• Improved suspension, with the intro of the 5th gen Legacy the suspension got way too soft and a lot less distinct. It got some improvements at the facelift, the first year 5th gen was outright scary unless you raised the tire pressure quite a bit over the recommended.
  • A VTD transmission instead of that ATS that they have on all CVT boxes today. Or if a manual a DCCD gearbox. My experience from the ATS is that it's not as good as the VTD, especially when it comes to the traction.
  • Avoid sunroof - it adds weight.
  • Stiffer side support in the seats, it's a performance vehicle.
  • More powerful brakes.

453747.png

Realistically it would probably be around 300hp and hopefully 400Nm, but not more than that.

A few things that I hope they would get into a GT:

• Improved suspension, with the intro of the 5th gen Legacy the suspension got way too soft and a lot less distinct. It got some improvements at the facelift, the first year 5th gen was outright scary unless you raised the tire pressure quite a bit over the recommended.
  • A VTD transmission instead of that ATS that they have on all CVT boxes today. Or if a manual a DCCD gearbox. My experience from the ATS is that it's not as good as the VTD, especially when it comes to the traction.
  • Avoid sunroof - it adds weight.
  • Stiffer side support in the seats, it's a performance vehicle.
  • More powerful brakes.

Subarus packages always seem to put the sunroof with leather interior.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Subarus packages always seem to put the sunroof with leather interior.

OK, add to my list: No Leather interior. Better to have a material on the seats that is offer the driver and passengers to stick to the seats when the driving is inspired.

453747.png

OK, add to my list: No Leather interior. Better to have a material on the seats that is offer the driver and passengers to stick to the seats when the driving is inspired.

The leather in my lgt is not great, I would have rather had the $1k off the price and then add aftermarket custom covers. But definitely some better bolstering and support for track inspired driving.

It would be awesome if they paired with Bilstein or Koni for the shocks/struts just on the GT model.

Honestly, even if it were an automatic/cvt model I would look at it and drive it...never say never. But a used P85 is looking pretty tempting.

I would look at Toyota/Honda/Nissan offerings in full size sport sedan category. If Subaru decides to offern anything in that category, and that is a big if, I would expect them to be somewhere in ball park, on lower end of it. Visual bits, *may be* stiffer swaybars & springs, some entry-level luxury on interior.

Sadly I don't expect MT or hatch/wagon to be offered.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

With CVT! :lol:

CVTs were banned from F1 because they were too good.

The problem is more that the CVTs has to be dimensioned for tuning power level, like 500 to 600 hp so they don't disintegrate as soon as someone tunes the engine.

453747.png

Subaru is going to have to give U.S./NA a break at some point. With the existence of the Levorg and no WRX Hatch for 2015+ or LGT/Wagon available. They've already made both cars by even making the Levorg.

Seems like 2020 models could potentially be a big roll out for Subaru. In 2015 Subaru handed their balls over to every car manufacturer and said "Here are our balls, see if you can use them to make a competitive car." I'd say everyone did fairly well. VW redesigned the Golf R (then had to drop R&D for the R400), Honda crapped out the Type-R refusing to go AWD, still can't get the RS3 in the US and even Ford? made the Focus RS. Subaru had to know those cars were coming and did nothing to compete, they just dished out what they've been doing and I think those other cars are much more appealing than the 2015-2018 options.

Now the LGT is totally forgotten about and the STi is just oudated and not in a hatch. Personally, I would have purchased 4 Subarus since 2015 if they still made a WRX/STI Hatch or Legacy GT that we all remember and loved, I would have totally purchased the Levorg had it been available in the US/NA.

However, their decision has turned me to other manufacturers, so they've really alienated their fan base and leave us forever hoping they are going to do right again and they never do. IMO, 305hp is boring and old and been done. We need to see some new numbers. I think the Type-R has squeezed out everything you can from a production car with 305hp so I don't see any reason for Subaru to continue down the path of 305hp unless there's a fuel efficiency crisis but, why do you buy a car like this for it's fuel efficiency?

The STI Type RA that is supposedly coming to US, with 310 isn't impressive enough since it's not a practical car that will be purchased on a mass scale like the Legacy has been.

I bought my first WRX in 2004 and my next one in 2007, at the time I had no idea there was a Legacy GT that had 250hp which made the 227 of the WRX look slow. The 2015 was a waste of a design since you then will make everything on the Global Platform a few years later and by ditching the hactch in 2015, Subaru has totally screwed their own market. People are selling their 2009-2014 hatches for absurd amounts of money and I've been wasting my own money buying/driving temporary cars continuing to hope Subaru gives us something.

I hope the Legacy GT comes in or around 350hp or even 325 or 320 and a WRX/STI hatch has something to show for it's absence, they need to bring back the people who love Subaru's more than anything (like I do) but have gone to other brands because they made the car I wanted, based off every car and driver type reviewers and forums, everyone has been screaming for the LGT and Hatch WRX. Subaru could have cut it short like they did the 06-07, butcher the 08 and rebound big time with the 09 which they could do here new 2015-2016, butcher the 2017 and rebound with the 2018...but they didn't.

I just bought a used 2005 Legacy GT, Subaru isn't making more money by people buying up used vehicles. Let's go Subaru, get it done.

Archived