LegacyGT.com

Which Fuel pump to go with?

Need some help guys.

Been looking at fuel pumps for the GT. Which one would be a direct fitment? Which one would you recommend?

I will be going E85 and obviously 1000+CC injectors later on. Possibly bigger turbo and such, just want to get the pump out of the way at the moment. Plus, my injectors are close to max, adding a fuel pump will help compensate for it. Tuner recommended the Dw65C, but would the Dw300 be any better since it pushes out more??

Help me out guys! Got a month to spare in preparation for dyno.

Thanks in advance.

I don't believe the DW65c is direct drop in for our cars. Found some old post by rutchard and acumenhokie that said the DW200 and DW300 are the only drop in pumps, and that most people were going with the DW300 because the extra flow worked well if planning to go large injectors with E85.

Yup.. That'll do!!

Thanks alot! So basically reinstalling the Dw pump, did you remove the black collar you stated in the thread? Didn't quite get that part.

Yeah, the black collar doesn't fit with the DW300 and isn't needed. Deatschwerks confirmed it in post #13 of that thread.

DW300 if you're going with 1000cc+ injectors and E85 in the future. Part # 9-301s-1005 is the one you want for a 5th gen.

Install was pretty easy.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/deatschwerks-dw300-fuel-pump-install-181399.html

Yup. Just a heads up though, I have seen a couple of DW300 pumps fail in about a year of use. Don't know if that's a trend but it's something to look out for. Regular Walbro 342 works in this application but damn there are so many fakes out there now.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Yeah I really kind of wish I went with the dw300 instead of the 65c (still paired with ID1000's), we did get the dw65c to fit but we had to shave the side clips to have it sit nicely in the plastic retainer part. I'm still planning to run flexfuel so I'm hoping I'll still be good to go

Just curious, why avoid the DW65c-- bad personal experiences, don't like the brand, or?

Our last 4 dyno tunes.. 3 have been failure's. Just avoiding them now.

Aem is around the same cost and flows 320lph as opposed to 265lph

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our last 4 dyno tunes.. 3 have been failure's. Just avoiding them now.

Aem is around the same cost and flows 320lph as opposed to 265lph

-Brian

Part number for what fits our car please. Plug and play?

??????

Oh wow I've never heard anything that negative about them. Only got it because most people I know run the dw65/300 with 0 issues at all. Hopefully mine continues to work well then for tuning this upcoming spring then probably with you guys at TA :]

Unique dimensions or unique operation...maybe we could swap in a wrx fuel pump housing.

They all operate basically the same. All I really have to go off of to compare models are the compatibility charts on the DW site (since AEM doesn't list what pumps fit what cars).

For the DW300 there's one part number for the 2007 and lower Subarus. Then another for the 5th gen Legacy that's also the same part number for the 2003-2008 Infiniti G35 & Nissan 350Z. For all I know they're the same pump just with different accessories.

Then you've got the compact fuel pumps (DW65c, DW300c) that fit 2008+ Subarus (and also the 2005-2009 Legacy GT for some reason)

I don't think a WRX fuel pump housing would be necessary. More than likely one of the AEM pumps fit, someone's just going to have to take some measurements and figure it out.

It looks like the AEM 50-1000 (not E85 compatable) and 50-1200 (E85 compatable) are almost identical to the DW300 dimensionally. The question is probably going to be the filter sock and electrical connection.

Rutchard, what other items came with the DW install kit?

Rutchard, what other items came with the DW install kit?

It's been 4 years, but as far as I can recall, just the pump and the new filter sock. I think there was a packet of some grease in there too. If it did come with anything else, I didn't use it, lol

EDIT: came with all the parts that come with the DW56c, but the o-rings and lube weren't needed for the Legacy GT install. http://www.deatschwerks.com/images/stories/products/fuelpump/08%20Subaru%20DW65c%20Fuel%20Pump%20Installation%20Guide.pdf

• 1 month later...

I'm starting the same process; getting ready for E85. I found a tuner in Nashville. He stated that they too have been having problems with DW300. He said the Aem requires some mods to fit... Something about barbs and the prefilter not fitting. Has anyone on this forum had a problem with dw300?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived