LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Yeah, before reading comprehension kicked in and I saw that you replaced all of the coils, I was going to say that you may not want to be in there again, but I get the feeling you will be. Surface rust on the side of the coil is generally okay, flaking apart like that... not so much.

Had my OE front aero lips resprayed a second time. A few highway trips after my first respray and it was all sandblasted agai lol.

This time I had it wrapped in paint protection film after letting the paint cure for 30 days.

Finally got them back on today!

wL433e0.jpg

Did the Timing belt today. Compared to the SOHC quite the PITA I must say

Lots of great info on the site to help. Appreciate everyone’s time to post their experiences and helpful hints.

Only casualty was one of the bolts broke in the turbo flange. Had to drill it out and retap it. Back together now and runs just fine.

IMG_3779.jpg.6d2c11d2510081fe5a8707ec9e2ed241.jpg

Edited by poconoracing
added pic

Finally found the time to throw on the 22mm Whiteline RSB that's been sitting around my room.

As many have stated before, a truly great suspension upgrade that really helps reduce body roll.

Tried my hand at plastidipping for the first time yesterday. Blacked out the area between my tailpipes. Been wanting to do this for a while, pretty happy with the results for my first try. The edges aren't 100% perfectly clean, but for a first attempt, I'm pleased with it.

5iDDWwu.jpg

eFJ4iNk.jpg

71PADDh.jpg

Before and after. Really helps bring out the DAMD diffuser piece.

eDAu3jk.jpg

Installed my Klearz clear sidemarkers last night with the help of a friend that's baked lights before. I'll attach my pictures instead of linking them to keep the page size down. We took our time and did everything carefully and baked the lights low and slow, and all said and done were at 4 hours from when I arrived to when I left. I went with a VLED amber bulb behind the sidemarker, and used Retro Rubber from Morimoto to re-seal the lights. The original sidemarker just clips into place and can easily be pushed out once the light is disassembled that far.

The Klearz are a very nice product but a few things to keep in mind:

-The will clip into place just like the original ones, but not as strongly. They'll have a bit of wiggle back and forth. I'd recommend a small amount of adhesive or even just a tiny dab of light sealent to hold the reflector in place. Not too bad.

-The tiny tabs on the Klearz are FRAGILE. My friend accidentally snapped one of them off without very much pressure at all, but it was still no problem to use a bit of sealant in that spot to hold the sidemarker in place.

-The actual physical install of the Klearz takes mere seconds, it's just the baking and disassembly of the light that takes the most time.

-I went with the clear option, and due to the already black housing of my facelift lights, the actual look in daylight ended up a bit more of a dark gray. On full chrome housings, they would reflect the look of the chrome and be lighter in appearance. They still look very clean and I'm more than happy with them, but due to this, I would imagine that the dark smoked sidemarkers would look almost completely black on facelift housing.

ScVvst4.thumb.jpg.78a4476086b87a8f2d6083e239c08dcb.jpg

igrqtbF.thumb.jpg.7750633837b8a137b4c3295bc177de2f.jpg

x25fmeg.thumb.jpg.622ee19e8392e94e6fdab4c28db42f9c.jpg

aMkGZBk.thumb.jpg.76fea27a1a0a0eae7a9bb282c2cc9568.jpg

2qGvkiZ.thumb.jpg.b5590576b097c07c395464d013949a00.jpg

NRq9zyL.thumb.jpg.1195f66801629132676b9c32adb22e0b.jpg

BrgIhTd.thumb.jpg.77624d1d41e6c0f082e940819c539032.jpg

Y6y8Odh.thumb.jpg.dd826433d9eb6bbd8f0bddbc2dbbf3a4.jpg

pgDda0z.thumb.jpg.56d63ccd5c91c384331db104de8f5c3b.jpg

JgpUqQ7.thumb.jpg.b1c87d317d58626ca8642a71bbfa104d.jpg

I’ve been an inactive member since I bought it in 2011. I am going to sell it but I’m not allowed to list it here because I don’t have enough posts. I’ve owned ten Subaru’s since 1982. I am also a Subaru Ambassador. I’m getting ready to buy my eleventh. Edited by coz375

I’ve been an inactive member since I bought it in 2011. I am going to sell it but I’m not allowed to list it here because I don’t have enough posts. I’ve owned ten Subaru’s since 1982. I am also a Subaru Ambassador. I’m getting ready to buy my eleventh.
You can post th eBay link in here, might get you more traffic:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Flegacygt%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D237941&share_tid=237941&share_fid=5383&share_type=t

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

It looks like a good deal to me if I was looking for another one. Very low miles and not driven in the winters are a hard to find combination with the low production numbers of a 5th GT.

It’s a great car and fun to drive. Can’t justify keeping it because I never drive it. I have an Outback, a Tribeca and two Indian motorcycles. I would really flip out if I parked it somewhere and someone opened a door on it. I guess i’m Just OCD where this car is concerned.

+ Oil change.

+ Brake pad change.

+Installed silicone pipe between BPV and turbo intake (the pipe has bend that fits better than stock that makes up for the crappy fitment of the AVO charge pipe and size of the turbosmart BPV).

Yikes, be thankful if you do not live in areas that have a real winter.... Everything underneath my car has taken such abuse. The exception is my AVO J/down/side-pipe, which still looks brand new as it is coated with JetHot ceramic. If I every work on car I care about again that I'll be driving during the winter, I may get as many pieces of equipment under my car coated in a durable ceramic. It is just too depressing seeing it all rust.

Also, double yikes, look how "crudded up" a brembo rear caliper can get in after 4 years.... No wonder I was getting a squeal. cZlAUbx.jpg

If I every work on car I care about again that I'll be driving during the winter, I may get as many pieces of equipment under my car coated in a durable ceramic. It is just too depressing seeing it all rust.

I should start a refuge sanctuary for our beloved Legacys. Ship your car down here, Stop the abuse, Stop the rust, Let cars be cars. :lol:

Once the rust process is started, it is pretty much too late. Removing it from the environment will slow it down, but it will continue to rust. The only solution, is to have another car that you don't care about for the winter.

I should start a refuge sanctuary for our beloved Legacys. Ship your car down here, Stop the abuse, Stop the rust, Let cars be cars. :lol:

Between myself, islandborn, and a few other guys, we've started the sanctuary down here in Houston. Everyone else is welcome to join! :lol:

Between myself, islandborn, and a few other guys, we've started the sanctuary down here in Houston. Everyone else is welcome to join! :lol:

You guys must be hoarding all the good parts as well. That's why I can't find any in the Midwest. :)