LegacyGT.com

The Dealer did it again.......

Man,

I forgot to mention when the dealer did their 30k service they did me a "favor" and flashed my computer with the "fix" for the stutter problem that I didn't have…my car was slow as molasses on a cold day.... and I couldn't figure out y for the life of me....:nono: But I did get better gas mileage… :cool:

I say make the dealer pay for cobb resetting the ap. they are the ones that made it useless.

Unless he told them the ECU was flashed how would they be responsable?

Unfortunately, I didn’t tell the dealer that the ECU was flashed….but they didn’t tell me that they were going to flash it either…. That’s not part of the 30k service….I’m sure the dealer thought they were doing the write thing by flashing my ECU, So I’m not going to make a big stink about the whole thing…..Plus they’ve been pretty cool when I get work done there like free rental cars and stuff….. Plus one of my old friends owns a performance shop and he’s got what I need….I’ll be taking a strole by his shop this afternoon….:cool:

YEP.

Me too. Warranty work unrelated. I didn't tell them about AP, they re-flashed for a stutter issue, but I asked them to check the fuel injectors because it idles rough once in a great while.

Now, to do a TSB on the dashboard mounting, they just called, and are going to have to cut and re-splice ALL of the wiring for my prosport Boost and AFR guages in the Casopolis cubby-pod. GREAT.

I have a hard time beleiving that the wiring plug doesn't come out of the back of those guages, nor that they claim that it is riskier to just leave the gauges hanging, while they work on the rest of the dash.

I certainly hope that the car gets put back together correctly. It will probably be slow as hell, compared to 91oct Stage II, the way it was flashed before.

I am probably going to have to pay them 35$ to hack the wiring, and pay COBB to reset the AP, and lose my TDC Stage II map, in the process.

:mad: :mad:

YES.

It was Ramsey, and you should unmarry. They did the fan-relay for me, too.

I have had a somewhat dubious opinion of their parts and sales departments, but Cory, the warranty service writer was freindly and helpful. however, they did flash without asking first, and they had to cut and re-splice my pro-sport guages, and now my boost guage isn't working quite right. It moves VERY slowly, as if the hose is kinked or something.

I would unmarry, even if they don't end up re-flashing, at least you can flash back afterward. And if they do, you can do the same thing. I didn't and now I can't, until I send it back to Cobb.

YEP.

Me too. Warranty work unrelated. I didn't tell them about AP, they re-flashed for a stutter issue, but I asked them to check the fuel injectors because it idles rough once in a great while.

Now, to do a TSB on the dashboard mounting, they just called, and are going to have to cut and re-splice ALL of the wiring for my prosport Boost and AFR guages in the Casopolis cubby-pod. GREAT.

I have a hard time beleiving that the wiring plug doesn't come out of the back of those guages, nor that they claim that it is riskier to just leave the gauges hanging, while they work on the rest of the dash.

I certainly hope that the car gets put back together correctly. It will probably be slow as hell, compared to 91oct Stage II, the way it was flashed before.

I am probably going to have to pay them 35$ to hack the wiring, and pay COBB to reset the AP, and lose my TDC Stage II map, in the process.

:mad: :mad:

I would think that being Stage 2 you would've been smarter than to even bring up any TSB's let alone let them do work on it.

^^ yep, unmarry it!! I did the ECU replacement therapy for my suby as well. I first took it in for unrelated service stuff but since I knew of the fan relay issue I unmarried it anyway. If i even SMELL an ECU "anything" issue I unmarry!! (if you think i'm kidding, just ask my new ex-wife!!)

lizard.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Dealer suggested TSB for the dash rattle, and that work made the episode elligible for a free rental car. The fan relay was something they came up with later, and didn't tell me until they already had the car.

I asked about the fuel injectors, because I honestly wanted them physically checked. I did not want them to touch the ECU, but by the time they told me, they had already done the re-flash, and I didn't want to tip my hand that the car had been re-flashed, and then all of the sudden have to pay a ton of money, because of warranty denial.

They did a bunch of hack-job work that I didn't ask for, now my boost gauge doesn't work right, and they didn't install the trunk upholstery retaining buttons that I had asked for, I had to do that, and they only gave me two, when there were three missing.

I should have unmarried the darn AP, that is true, and my own fault.

But the saga unfortunately continues.

I filled up with 93 octane last night, happy to find a station with it, when most have 91.

Well, I gave it some throttle this morning, on my way to work, and although I don't always drive agressively, sometimes I do drive "purposefully". I had given it some throttle on a couple occaisions since I got the car back on Friday.

What is different about this morning, is that now the CEL and blinking cruise is on. DAMN.

I am going to have to pull that code, and find out what is going on now, and I haven't gotten the AP sent to COBB yet, to get it reset. I have a feeling it might be the rear O2 sensor reading, since the UP is catless, and the first DP cat is gutted. The stage II map kept that CEL down previously.

I hope that is all it is, and that re-flashing to stage II again will remedy it, if it is something else, then I am even less happy.

I hope yours is going better, 700watts...

Dealer suggested TSB for the dash rattle, and that work made the episode elligible for a free rental car. The fan relay was something they came up with later, and didn't tell me until they already had the car.

I asked about the fuel injectors, because I honestly wanted them physically checked. I did not want them to touch the ECU, but by the time they told me, they had already done the re-flash, and I didn't want to tip my hand that the car had been re-flashed, and then all of the sudden have to pay a ton of money, because of warranty denial.

They did a bunch of hack-job work that I didn't ask for, now my boost gauge doesn't work right, and they didn't install the trunk upholstery retaining buttons that I had asked for, I had to do that, and they only gave me two, when there were three missing.

I should have unmarried the darn AP, that is true, and my own fault.

But the saga unfortunately continues.

I filled up with 93 octane last night, happy to find a station with it, when most have 91.

Well, I gave it some throttle this morning, on my way to work, and although I don't always drive agressively, sometimes I do drive "purposefully". I had given it some throttle on a couple occaisions since I got the car back on Friday.

What is different about this morning, is that now the CEL and blinking cruise is on. DAMN.

I am going to have to pull that code, and find out what is going on now, and I haven't gotten the AP sent to COBB yet, to get it reset. I have a feeling it might be the rear O2 sensor reading, since the UP is catless, and the first DP cat is gutted. The stage II map kept that CEL down previously.

I hope that is all it is, and that re-flashing to stage II again will remedy it, if it is something else, then I am even less happy.

I hope yours is going better, 700watts...

I'm good....or should I say I'm back to stage 1 ...thanks to my boys at the shop....:rolleyes:

OK, this is a bit surreal.

I just went and hooked up the green plug connectors, turned the ignition to "on" and plugged in the AP.

No error messages, it found code 4020, and cleared it, and I reset the ECU, told it to send the TDC E-tune map that was in the last memory location, and it seems to have cleared the CEL, and started up with a much lower, more normal idle speed.

I am not sure what the dealership did, but perhaps they didn't change the ECU in a way that disrupted the AP pairing.

I would have figured that I would get an error message saying "this is the wrong ECU" or something.

Well, I guess I get to check it out for the next couple of days, and see what happens.

very weird. But if it isn't broke afterall, then that is not such a bad thing.

are you kidding or not... ?

That sounds kind of odd. The AP didn't seem to need anything special, just a quick clear for the codes, and re-selecting the stage 2 map. It did seem a bit more eager this morning, but not drastically different.

Then again, i wasn't as dissappointed as much as I thought I would be after getting the car back from the dealer. It felt different, but not drastically. maybe just from clearing the "learning" memory...

If you are serious about a 30 day trial period, please give me a bit more info, or a direction to read more about that.

are you kidding or not... ?

That sounds kind of odd. The AP didn't seem to need anything special, just a quick clear for the codes, and re-selecting the stage 2 map. It did seem a bit more eager this morning, but not drastically different.

Then again, i wasn't as dissappointed as much as I thought I would be after getting the car back from the dealer. It felt different, but not drastically. maybe just from clearing the "learning" memory...

If you are serious about a 30 day trial period, please give me a bit more info, or a direction to read more about that.

I'm kidding.....:lol: don't die on me now :spin:

If you are stage II is it ok to flash to stock? Does it hurt the engine/turbo?

Also do you really need to unmarry or is flashing to stock good enough?

Thanks

Flashing to stock will not help you if they replace the ECM, your AP will think you are trying to use it on two cars.

You never know when they are going to decide to muck with the ECM.

Last time I went in for oil change they decided to address the TSB on the fan relays. I had my relays and ECM replaced nearly 2 years ago, when I first heard about the problem on these forums. It took a lot of convincing to get them to do it at the time. For some reason they could not connect this past work to the TSB, because it was done before the TSB came out. They kept saying there is no record of the problem being fixed.

I always unmarry when I take the car in to the dealer for service, even if it is just an oil change.

If I am not mistaken you can do this hundreds of times.Ionly plan to be in for service 30 times tops. I don't believe running stock will hurt the engine, lots of people use less restrictive exhausts on turbos without making any engine management changes

Archived