LegacyGT.com

09 oem headlight bowl getting old?

i've been using 35w 4200k hid since first month until now (10yrs)... found my low beam were starting dull and yellowish. at the beginning i thought it was my hid bulbs. but after replaced a new pair. it seemed dont improve much.

so i thought those chrome coating was oxidated, so i bought some Flitz and was about to "clean" it up a little. but when i opened the projectors. i found part of the chrome coating was gone. it doesnt seemed likely being burnt and/or abuse (like 55w hid) tho.

i know little bit about how burnt reflectors looked like. coz i'd bought cheap projector for my 95 miata long long time ago, i saw it had sign of melt and burnt after few months with high output hella H4 bulbs, so i switched back to hella 7" glass (much heavier) headlights and problem solved.

do anyone has similar problem? i know jdm bowl used similar material to make for D2R. but how do mine look so old??

of coz i won't touch them, think nothing i could do to restore the chrome, so new pair of projectors are coming soon.

thanks

headlight1.thumb.jpg.cd4a51e941d8d46f9eafcfb30e63ad72.jpg

headlight2.thumb.jpg.76d2f59a21a95f691f025c13a2f7e39f.jpg

headlight3.thumb.jpg.74f9c23de77fa1c8738dd6caf76f1d0c.jpg

headlight4.thumb.jpg.00c6272e81761bd74047d7b25d81e522.jpg

Edited by markc0220k