LegacyGT.com

Fender liner source

So my drivers front fender liner and the underside engine cover are both in need of some help. I have looked and rock auto has them for cheap. Has anyone used these parts from them? I would love to buy from the dealer, but they are pricey in comparison. Any other places you could recommend?

Thanks in advance

Brendan

- Road Kill/Animals (Racoon (Rutchard))

Actually, the raccoon just demolished the bumper cover :lol: But when the front of the liner isn't properly attached to the bumper cover, at high speeds it will eject itself. Second one came off after getting a cone stuck in there during an autox and was too torn to go back on.

What have been the reasons for those that have had to replace damaged fender liners?

Presumably, low speed front impact (prior to my ownership - this was my last LGT, a 4th Gen) where the front bumper cover was replaced but not the fender liners (the front portions of which were torn to shreds).

Just curious ...

What have been the reasons for those that have had to replace damaged fender liners?

- Snow & Ice

- Wheel & Tire size issues

- Road Debris

- Road Kill/Animals (Racoon (Rutchard))

- ???

Somehow part of mine go loose and managed to get caught under the tire while driving. Didn't realize anything even happened until I was slowing down for a light coming off the highway and all of the sudden I heard the tire rubbing against something. When i looked it was what was left of the lining touching the tire.

I have replaced 2 fenderliners, both right side. road debris, piece of metal came out from under the car infront of me at 90's mph. my fender liner tore out and hit the front of the m3 behind me. we both pulled over, i thought the same thing that hit me hit him.. wasnt til next day i realized that my fenderliner was gone..(glad i didnt have to pay for that) went back and found it. anyways $65 at dealer.

I've bought 3 liners for 2 different cars off Rock Auto, have been satisfied with them each time. All my damaged ones were from ice build up, which I try to knock loose during the winter and I park in a heated garage, so it does get time to melt out.

• 2 years later...
Necro-thread bump, but when you guys got these from rock auto did you get the OEM part or the much cheaper version. Honk the price difference is 48 vs 13 so not insubstantial, but not worth it if the fit is a PITA for the non OEM

Are there two separate part #'s for the under cover for the engine? A raccon got me this weekend and the smaller piece that is directly under the engine is half gone, the larger part that attaches all the way up to the bumper is fine. Can i replace just that part or are both pieces included?

It looks like there are two part numbers, but i am not sure.

https://parts.bestbuysubaru.com/a/Subaru_2012_Legacy25L-TURBO-6MT-4WDGT-Limited-Sedan/49256972__6030549/UNDER-COVER--EXHAUST-COVER-UNDER-COVER-FRONT-10MY-12MY/B14-572-03.html

Thanks

Archived