LegacyGT.com

XM Antenna location on wagons?

Searched and didn't find much wagon love. Any suggestions on where to put a satellite antenna on a wagon? I ordered an inside windshield mount antenna but I am not sure how good the reception will be. Any other suggestions inside the car? I hate punching holes in grommets to snake antenna wire through.

Searched and didn't find much wagon love. Any suggestions on where to put a satellite antenna on a wagon? I ordered an inside windshield mount antenna but I am not sure how good the reception will be. Any other suggestions inside the car? I hate punching holes in grommets to snake antenna wire through.

I have had 2 xm antennas installed on my wagon.The best is one installed on the back of the roof(lots of wire) The one installed on the front,tended to die,because even a little part of the wire,exposed to wind,would wobble, and in the end would fail.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

yep. mine is tucked in the liner all the way to the back and sits in the center by the edge of the roof line and tail gate
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

In my Spec B I just stock it to the upper part of the windshield next to the EZ-Pass.

You can mount it inside the car under the metal ? didn't know that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Mine is the OEM kit. It cuts out the same places my GF's Ford Escape does. Her's is mounted to the top of the roof.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived