LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

i got rear ended ! but just the gate was touch . my car is low and the suv bumper just sat on my licence plate . bumper , quarter panel , tail light are safe !

[ATTACH]288845[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]288846[/ATTACH]

Glad to hear it wasn't too serious. I'll be a little disappointed if it isn't replaced with a full cf tail gate though.

So I Paid for an ej257 short block with a spun bearing out in Cali, and it is currently in transit to Outfront Motorsports for their V3 block treatment.

Safe to say I currently have an Engine build in progress.

ship them your heads and have them do the full v3 time attack treatment.

B-BGTLimited, glad to see you're still around. I still remember the time when you and Max Capacity helped me figure out how to reinstall a new timing belt and tensioner while stuck in the middle of nowhere in northern Europe, and moving during winter. I remember freaking out :eek:.
Oh yeah I'm still kicking... I got busy lately after moving in 2018 (note the new shop in the photos, 1 of 3 garages :) ) and really fell off the wagon when it comes to forums and whatnot... Ditched social media recently and hopped back on this.

I'm glad we were able to get you all set too, and damn that was a long time ago... LOL

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Oh yeah I'm still kicking... I got busy lately after moving in 2018 (note the new shop in the photos, 1 of 3 garages :) ) and really fell off the wagon when it comes to forums and whatnot... Ditched social media recently and hopped back on this.

I'm glad we were able to get you all set too, and damn that was a long time ago... LOL

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Yeah man, can't believe it was almost 9 years ago!!!

Glad to hear it wasn't too serious. I'll be a little disappointed if it isn't replaced with a full cf tail gate though.

My rear gate garnish is rattling from broken tabs. I'd be lying if I wasn't a little happy from seeing Madrig's misfortune.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Sometimes I get into a mode where I choose to work instead of sleep. Thankfully the missus is very accommodating to my fits of productivity.

We'll be back to Merpmoddin' in no time! :lol:

With you there. Had a few 4AM nights working on this RAM-tune stuff. Hoping to have a usable frontend for logging/RAM-tuning sometime soon, but knowing how software development tends to go, it will likely will be in a month or two.

ship them your heads and have them do the full v3 time attack treatment.

So I could ship them my heads, but its way cheaper to find a set out in cali and have someone ship/drop them off to them if I go that route. I may have them build the shortblock or I may just have the case haves shipped back out to me to have my local builder do the assembly just on the fence about it. But a full outfront V3 longblock would be a very nice upgrade.

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

Got some Manley drop-in pistons delivered on Friday. Wagon's back!

Details in build thread soon.

How's the sound on those? I did CP's back when I did my rebuild and that engine has sounded like a diesel since day one. I have nearly 100k on the build now and I'd be really curious to see how much skirt/cylinder wall damage that noise has caused.

So I could ship them my heads, but its way cheaper to find a set out in cali and have someone ship/drop them off to them if I go that route. I may have them build the shortblock or I may just have the case haves shipped back out to me to have my local builder do the assembly just on the fence about it. But a full outfront V3 longblock would be a very nice upgrade.

I have a v3 closed deck shortblock from them. I beat on it for 30k miles with no issues. I had the hg replaced at 28k, and there was no issues with the block.

They have lots of experience with high hp builds that get abused - sand rails & time attack builds being a speciality.

How's the sound on those? I did CP's back when I did my rebuild and that engine has sounded like a diesel since day one. I have nearly 100k on the build now and I'd be really curious to see how much skirt/cylinder wall damage that noise has caused.

Slappy when started on a cold morning, goes away within 5 minutes and sounds just like stock. Comparable or a bit quieter than the sound of a friend's IAG Stage 2 Tuff block on cold start. Did the CP pistons have offset wrist pins?

B4. Slight underestimation of expected inchment! Like sex, you never know how much you gonna get.

Milton NY to Milton ON big difference! It's where my office is and there's no snow here!

and american's call us the great white north! ;)

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

All pistons have a different sound. CP do sound like a diesel. But you should not find any skirt or cylinder wall damage.

This morning my son and I mounted up a new trailer hitch on my 09 LGT. This weekend I will try and meld an 08 Outback wiring pigtail for the light hookup into the LGT. On Wednesday I reverse engineered the wiring/pinout for the six connector plug using the FSM.

20201218_123010.thumb.jpg.a2ab87a3d0f5f08cfa42d014f599eeda.jpg

20201218_123811.thumb.jpg.3fbc64e1d17c7c1a5f454e7fe03f4c5f.jpg

This morning my son and I mounted up a new trailer hitch on my 09 LGT. This weekend I will try and meld an 08 Outback wiring pigtail for the light hookup into the LGT. On Wednesday I reverse engineered the wiring/pinout for the six connector plug using the FSM.

So, when's the group buy thread being posted?

Nice solution

So, when's the group buy thread being posted?

Nice solution

I am not expecting the wire pigtail install to be simple. I still need to get my son's 09 OB into the shop here to double check my interpretation of the six pin plug to make sure I have each wire correct. Since I'd rather not cut any of the wire harness in my LGT I am thinking on removing a short bit of the jacket on the appropriate wires in the trunk and then solder for a good connection and wrap with electrical tape. It won't be like the factory harness in an OB but it should function properly if I sort out which wire hooks to where.