LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

This is what I'm trying to avoid. I'd like to install or rebuild the axle and not even think about it for the next 10 years.

I'm getting the same result. The 05-07 OEM boots are considerably more expensive though, like $70 a side for inner and outer so $140 total just for boots for one axle. The 08-09 boots are about $30 a side, so $60 total.

Thanks, I'll check them out too!

2nd CVJ, running one of them right now and it was a deal with core charge of an axle I brought in. Boot on one cracking splitting near the clip so I'll probably grab that other side soon too

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Replaced worn out old rear struts/springs with next to new stock stuff. Oddly, it sits roughly the same, maybe ¼ inch higher in the back, which makes the car level again.

Sometimes you gotta go backwards to go forwards safely....

Scotty

I had noticed that the KYB's had raised the back of my wagon a good 1" after I swapped out the worn OEM shocks, which leads me to believe that the KYB's just sit higher than OEM.

I had noticed that the KYB's had raised the back of my wagon a good 1" after I swapped out the worn OEM shocks, which leads me to believe that the KYB's just sit higher than OEM.
Other way around. The KYB's are 3 years old. The springs, well I used them for 3 years, who know how old they were before I got them.

The newer black ones are stock aftermarket pieces. Im happy it sits like it did before, just initially puzzled..

Scotty

Legacy BP5 BL5 Late Model radar CRYDD sensor 87611AG050 Legacy touring wagon B4

That is awesome that these cars had that (granted in Japan)...and awesome that you know that.

What was the radar system for, primitive smart breaking or adaptive cruise?

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

That is awesome that these cars had that (granted in Japan)...and awesome that you know that.

What was the radar system for, primitive smart breaking or adaptive cruise?

I can't take any credit for knowing what this part was aside from recognizing a subaru part number, I Googled it :lol: It looks to be quite expensive if you needed to buy one for some reason. Part Code 8761

http://jp-carparts.com/subaru/partlist.php?maker=subaru&car_baseid=F18013&type=B13&cartype=134&fig_id=865

https://autoparts.beforward.jp/detail/Computers---Sensors/Other-Sensors/PA31333308/

Speaking of expensive parts from Japan.... tried and failed yet another alternative to picking up a JDM TMIC for the twin scroll in wifewagon. Committed to running the twin scroll, but I think I'm down to bend over and pay 350 for shipping for a proper one from Japan, or buy a cheap Rev9 USDM cooler and modify it. Argh.

Drove it to the airfield for our end-of-the-season decomissioning on this abnormally warm Saturday. Boost and smiles and all that jazz :)

Put the stock spec.B wheels with winter tires on when I returned. Spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up, re-wiring, and fiddling with the in-dash tablet install, which I think is finally about done again.

cRGlrhHl.jpg

iwg84OAl.jpg

BnxLsNpl.jpg

kOpDCdQl.jpg

rX1MhG7l.jpg

Put the winter wheel/tire combo on today. Its amazing how different the car drives and feels. 205/50/17 WS80's on XXR junkers but they have to only weigh half what the stockers weigh. Haven't scaled them and really don't care but I like the cushion of the bigger sidewall and the gittyup of the lighter wheels.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Edited by whitexc

I just ordered the JDM Double Din, hazard light and Single Din Cubby from AVOJDM.com!

I also emailed SVXdc, the OG for the wiring harnesses. I've haven't seen him on the forums for a while, so I'm gonna give him a few weeks to respond before I go with the guys at autoharnesshouse.com

Wish me luck!

"This car blows my deployment money faster than it does head gaskets."

I just ordered the JDM Double Din, hazard light and Single Din Cubby from AVOJDM.com!

I also emailed SVXdc, the OG for the wiring harnesses. I've haven't seen him on the forums for a while, so I'm gonna give him a few weeks to respond before I go with the guys at autoharnesshouse.com

Wish me luck!

He hasn't been on the forums in years. But he does still do the wiring. He's slow to respond but last I heard had some family stuff going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noticed a lope when cranking the engine in the morning. 3 solid cranks followed by one easier crank, repeated cyclically. Didn't notice it before today, still drives fine. Rented dumpster is going to be delivered today along with some ramps, wagon will be yote into the trash and lit on fire promptly.

... or I'll compression/leakdown test it and pull the motor out over Thanksgiving break if I have to. Just realizing now how desensitized I've become to such things.