LegacyGT.com

the hood scoop thread . as you wish !

Do you really care that much about what it does aside from looking mean as f$&k?!?! [emoji38]

Some of us do consider function before form. :eek::eek:

Personally, knowing if it actually improved airflow (and thus reduced charge temps) would make me buy one instantly as I'm at the limit of my GS tmic as is.

BUT, thats a lot of leg work to find out if it actually does more than look good and not many of us are willing to do said leg work.

That being said, the CF one is amazing and I can't wait to see it on an OBP car.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT, thats a lot of leg work to find out if it actually does more than look good and not many of us are willing to do said leg work.

This was the main point of my comment and as stated didn’t mean to be rude or harsh in any way. God knows how many hours of legwork r involved in that. Prob a lot more hours (if you break those hours down into $) than what ten of these costs no less one. Not that I wouldn’t love to hear that it’s functional as well as looks amazing but I personally think it would be crazy to put hours into something that’s most likely extremely minimal if any at all more functional in terms of flow than stock but it wouldn’t be me. Kudos to him for looking to do it

Unless it’s straight racecar, it’s silly. Do we put a front lip on our cars and put hours into testing their minimal downforce capabilities? No. We put em on there cuz they look better. If we get better aerodynamics due to it being on then great. Same concept here. Just my logical $.02

Edited by Wooosh

Some of us do consider function before form. :eek::eek:

Personally, knowing if it actually improved airflow (and thus reduced charge temps) would make me buy one instantly as I'm at the limit of my GS tmic as is.

That being said, the CF one is amazing and I can't wait to see it on an OBP car.

umm if you are at the limit of your GS TMIC the next step is a FMIC. Not a prettier hood scope.

umm if you are at the limit of your GS TMIC the next step is a FMIC. Not a prettier hood scope.

I understand that and considered it during the build.

I decided I'm not chopping up my Liberal Albero front end for an extra 50whp

I know Chase at Grimspeed is running in excess of 400+whp on his set up so pretty sure this TMIC can handle big power. Will it heat soak quicker driving around town and dealing with traffic compared to FMIC? Yup...

I’m just curious, what do you think the “limit of the GS TMIC” is?

I'm at 450whp/450wtq. With a turbo that frequently nets people between 500-550whp.

Limiting factor on dyno day was charge temps.

Ok, I’m at 454whp/442wtq on a Mustang dyno and my limiting factor was my injectors. I need to go from ID1000’s to ID1300’s. This is with a GS TMIC.

I'm running I.D. 1300s

Considering differences in Dyno calibration and ambient temps on tuning day, they are just numbers.

I've not seen anyone make more than we are on a GS tmic. I haven't consulted GS though.

What did your tuner say he thought you'd make with the 1300s?

I'm running I.D. 1300s

Considering differences in Dyno calibration and ambient temps on tuning day, they are just numbers.

I've not seen anyone make more than we are on a GS tmic. I haven't consulted GS though.

What did your tuner say he thought you'd make with the 1300s?

The fastest TMIC Subaru out there has a Grimmspeed TMIC and is running 9s in the 1/4 mile on it, making 550/535.

I think you'll be fine.

The fastest TMIC Subaru out there has a Grimmspeed TMIC and is running 9s in the 1/4 mile on it, making 550/535.

I think you'll be fine.

Thats a track car they dump ice onto between runs. Irrelevant to daily driver.

Thats a track car they dump ice onto between runs. Irrelevant to daily driver.

Do you really need all 400+ horsepowers in traffic?

If youre that serious about cooling but dont want a FMIC then you need more airflow and or I/C mist. From my reading here it seems like air to water is best suited for drag racing, but air to air is better for endurance and street. Ive read that underhood temps drop very quickly once moving - provided you can get proper air flow.

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

We've derailed this thread enough.

My only point was that testing confirming even a minimal increase in air flow/cooling effectiveness would put me over the top in purchasing one of these good looking scoops.

There's also nothing wrong with buying one just for the different look.

Madrig, you do beautiful work.

We've derailed this thread enough.

My only point was that testing confirming even a minimal increase in air flow/cooling effectiveness would put me over the top in purchasing one of these good looking scoops.

There's also nothing wrong with buying one just for the different look.

Madrig, you do beautiful work.

this thread is not derailed ! is good to talk about , forum is for that , i understand everybody have different need and opinion .

i m the guy that think what look good perform better ! :lol:

yes this scoop was intended for look only.

i will be glad to create a scoop that perform better , if somebody send me a prototype , cause me i have no knowledge about air flow .

i think the best will be to create a new hood , with same scoop but oversized or sti scoop . but this will only happen if many peoples will jump in to make this project profitable.

Not only is he an amazing fabricator, but also an excellent mediator. Hahaha

I’ll literally buy anything you make. Never have I purchased aftermarket parts that fit like yours

Put me on the list for a cf clock and a one piece, oversized scoop hood

Edited by Wooosh

Not only is he an amazing fabricator, but also an excellent mediator. Hahaha

I’ll literally buy anything you make. Never have I purchased aftermarket parts that fit like yours

Put me on the list for a cf clock and a one piece, oversized scoop hood

thanks , appreciate that !

i think the carbon clock will happen, you're all guilty to twist my mind !:lol:

Oh sure, mod has to come in and ruin the fun :p

That may not be a good idea... I'm fairly new, however, judging by the content thus far....

I'm suprised no one has asked for a soft carbon weave shift boot.....

Scotty

I guess Ive always seen and would have thought to use imitation carbon leather - can you do a real carbon fiber boot?

Even better... what about carbon fiber boot frames?! I know mine and im sure many others are cracked to pieces.

Look what youve started!! :spin: Im going to need a second job for all this...

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

madrig I got your PM. I haven't been around in a while. My regular project manager day job is currently managing me. NOT good.

I am interested in 1 if have any left. Maybe 2, I do have 2 cars after all. But I don't build or mod on credit, so it is a little fluid at the moment.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

Look what youve started!! :spin: Im going to need a second job for all this...

Anyone who knows better, will never tell you owning a turbo Subaru is cheap. Especially the platforms we own. Trust me, I know this hard lesson well, I have 2. The avenues for mods are endless. Then folks like some of us come along and go 2 or 3 levels deeper into specialty mods.

As a fellow fabricator of specific specially products...I love it.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com