LegacyGT.com

High Idle Fuel Trim

Tehnation

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... Everything was fine. Cant seem to find this leak, its supposedly a big one. But I cant find it anywhere. Anyone any ideas? Pulled off intake manifold, took everything apart. Idles fine, runs fine.

I made a boost leak tester, fixed all the leaks, zip tied every hose, and now its completely silent under pressure. Still have high idle fuel trim. My maf is peaking at 208 g/s. Going to change air filter. Already took a bottle of maf cleaner to maf sensor. If air filter does not raise g/s I will replace maf.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1565&pictureid=8076

Looking for a leak, checked all the normal spots. Any ideas?

With these numbers if it were a vacuum leak it would be a hose completely off. But When I cap up the turbo inlet and put it under pressure, I dont hear a peep. Zip tied everything, replaced turbo inlet hose, and maf sensor hoses and it holds the pressure for a long time, but I am getting the same numbers. If its a leak it would be small but it shouldnt throw it off that much I would think.

Hmm..assuming your maf scale was solid before this craziness, you should log you front O2 and confirm that no odd readings are popping up. I am leaning toward a O2 or maf sensor issue.

It might be you maf scale was never really perfect..

Hmm..assuming your maf scale was solid before this craziness, you should log you front O2 and confirm that no odd readings are popping up. I am leaning toward a O2 or maf sensor issue.

It might be you maf scale was never really perfect..

I am leaning twords a 02 or maf as well.

Ive seen cars needing some tweeks for slightly higher that normal af learning but this is 100% stock maf scaling and stock box.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

thank god.... cause my god damn obd2 cable just crapped out.... once it rains it pours.. ordering another cable. OMG why are sensors so much money 150 per sensor. Going to change O2 sensor first. I took it out to get my uppipe in, so HOPEFULLY it was damaged during uppipe installation and I can move on. Hmmm maybe I should see if its bolted in tightly. But I cant see anything on logger without my cable... god damn ebay.

My purge valve seems to leak air... should it leak? I pressurize system and it leaks and makes noises, I unhook it and plug holes and I hear nothing, I connect it and I hear an accordian and air. Not sure if its supposed to leak, but it is called a valve purge.

The sound was actually coming from air coming out of the 2nd biggest hose on turbo inlet, the one going to plastic piece that goes to valve covers. Zip tied it no more small hiss.

Also took a look at up pipe and down pipe, up pipe/ exhaust manifold gasket was not thick enough and was leaking do to a gap. Found it because I took off heat shield and had my friend rev engine and sure enough puffs of smoke. Luckily up pipe came with a thicker rubber style gasket and I had ordered a grimmspeed with it as well. I put the thicker one on uppipe side and the metal grimmspeed on exhaust manifold and it sealed very well and no more leak.

I also soaked the O2 sensor in gas all day to clean it some. It was changed 20k miles ago, which is why i dont want to believe it may be issue. Also turned my valve purge around, after playing with it, it looked like one direction had a better seal/lock than other. So I put that side on right/driver side to make sure when intake was pulling air it would have better seal, or so was my logic.

End result is the car is very different, its now as quiet as it was before I installed up/downpipe. Runs better as well. Hopefully when I get cable I will see good results.

• 2 weeks later...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Denso-234-9120-Oxygen-Sensor-Ratio/dp/B001F799X6/ref=au_as_r?ie=UTF8&Make=Subaru%7C13&Model=Legacy%7C64&Year=2005%7C2005&carId=002&n=15684181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=automotive]Denso 234-9120 Oxygen Sensor (Air and Fuel Ratio Sensor) : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

score. For 90 bucks shipped.... cant beat that. And I ordered it yesterday morning and its here already. Looks exactly like oem one.

Archived