LegacyGT.com

Which BPV to Choose?

Hey Guys!!!

Now that the Racer-X Charge Pipes are done and on the way, I need to choose a BPV.

I have a pretty good idea of the pros and cons, tune wise, of full-recirc vs. the varying degrees of vent to atmosphere, as well as the fact that some people like silent and others prefer the option of varying degrees of sound level from the BPV. This is my first turbo, so I have no direct experience here but I have already learned a lot from this forum.

What I want to hear is your guys opinions on brand, type, and the necessity of having the option of varying degrees of VTA that hybrid valves offer and how that affects spool time and overall driveablilty and power delivery. And tell me what you are running, or planning to run and why.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Edited by GTEASER

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like full recirc personally, throws discharged air back to turbo in between shifts allowing for quicker spool. I like the turbosmart personally. Good value and does what it's supposed to. Bryan is offering the Kompact plumback at a reasonable price. That's what I am going with. Edited by wrxwhit

Yes, that is one that is on my list.

Weren't you gonna run a Synapse? Or you were working with them or something.

Synapse is a universal fitment. Had it on my wrx and tuner hated it as it had two vacuum ports and wasn't consistent with tunes. Not sure if they have changed since then.

I don't see that they make it for a 5th gen though.

Nobody makes one for a 5th gen specifically. For OEM replacement we have a universal TurboSmart Kompact available, but for the new charge pipe from RacerX, he designed in a flange to relocate to BPV and use a 4th Gen GT/08+ WRX style flanged valve. So now we have options. :)

Kinda went with the value mindset. Had a friend who used his TurboXS 50/50 bov for only 3weeks on his 08wrx and wrecked the car so he took it off and gave it to me for 100$. Figured it won't cause any issues with my tune. Once I'll I'll take a vid of the sound

i went ahead and got a turbosmart, gonna do the install of the tmic, chargepipe next week, i will let you know how it goes.

i chose to go BPV this time because my last car, a stage 3 gen 4 LGT, had a GFB 50/50, and it still backfired once in a while when i let off on high boost, and that car was an auto...with a manual this time around, i fiugured i would be better off and just go full recirc. but since its so easy to change, if this has issues i can always go with something else in the future.

b

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes it appears to be the smallest of all the options. I think the Forge unit is fairly small, or short also. SomeZero was having issues with his GFB Respons smacking into the ABS lines when the engine moved from torque.

I simply asked the tuner what BPV he suggested . Ended up with TurboSmart Impact to go with the Rx charge pipe.

I'm running a version of this now but it looks like the one in the link is for recirc only. I'm looking to maybe go 50/50 or even full vent since I'm speed density tuned.