LegacyGT.com

Baro / atmospheric pressure sensor.... WTF?!?

When it rains, it turns into a hurricane with golf ball sized hail... and then an electrical storm burns everything to the damn ground!!

SoB!! Been putting waaaay to much time into the Lego, and yet to feel the benefits of countless hours of sweat blood, and more tears then I care to admit! LMAO :eek:

The good:

Vf52 installed

RacerX Tmic installed

AEM fuel pump installed

ID 1000cc injectors installed

SexyTime Radium top feed conversion fuel rails w/ damper$$$ installed

T1 racing fuel lines installed

*Tgvs deleted

*oh and cleared head lights with bumper off for FMIC install

:coolguy:

Getting CryoTuned to run e85 corn goodness

Allllll this work and then THIS:

The *BAD*

Not hitting wastegate pressure of ~8psi

Cell *P2227 atmospheric/ barometric pressure code

My research has led me to believe that these two issues may very well be one and the same. A smoke test showed only my TurboSmart 50/50 bpv to be leaking... which may be normal?

Where is this damned sensor?!? Searching has led to not very much help at all...

Thanks in advance

P22777?

According to Google -

P2277 O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Rich Bank 2 Sensor 3

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p22-codes

Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Supposedly, you are the only person to have this issue....nail down the code / description and I think we can provide better help. It looks like your car uses the MAP sensor and the internal ECU sensor (which I can find no reference to it ever going bad) to report boost levels. My car had an issue with the sensor (mine is external and was unplugged)

here is a description of what I saw when mine was unplugged (sounds like this isn't possible with your car though)

The Atmospheric pressure sensor is reading 21.76 psi (quick googling shows me that at sea level is supposed to be 14.6 psi ish). I checked the weather stations nearby and it looks like pressure is 30inhg or 14.6 ish psi.

So, I think I might be having an issue with the Atmospheric pressure sensor

21.7-14.6 = 7 ish.

So if the Atmospheric pressure sensor was reporting correctly I think the boost would be around 15.8 (which is the correct value)

I compared my logs in Virtual dyno to some old ones and the 12a Rev was reporting more torque. So, it's working I think, it's just the Atmospheric sensor is off I guess.

If your code is actually one of these

P2227

or

P0107

P0108

It's possible your MAP sensor is bad, unhooked, dirty, etc and needs to be replaced

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/engine-wont-start-hot-since-p0107-codeiii-134861.html

Totally a map sensor problem. Check the connection and the sensor itself, I had this code pop up when rain water got onto the sensor and built up corrosion on the connector. Although I am running an 07 STI map sensor and it relocates the sensor right under the hood scoop so your problem may be slightly different.

Other sensor?

On that bracket you have the EBCS, MAP sensor, and the purge control valve.

The EBCS (presuming you're 3-port now) should have one line to the compressor, one to the inlet, and one to the actuator.

The MAP sensor (your first picture) should have a white inline disk filter hooked up to it, then go directaly to a port on the front of your intake manifold.

The purge control valve (your second picture) should have one port going into the intake manifold, one going to a metal hose/tee assembly that hooks to the tank and the second passive purge control valve (looks like a disk with three ports).

This is all presuming you/shop/previous owner hadn't changes everything around in some strange way.

Ya I figured out it was set up wrong using this pic on the web...

IDK if it was the shop I bought her from or the previous owner... and I don't know why it didn't kick a code until now... but it is what it is, all vac hose is ran appropriately.

I lack the inline disk filter for the MAP hose however... is that a big deal?

Screenshot_20170401-165356.thumb.png.28731c982eb9b1cd420428c981df1f2c.png

Hope this is the issue...

Good thing I didn't take the IM off three extra times, and I didn't remove the new turbo to inspect for any debri or anything in the turbines, or RE do all gaskets, seals, o rings, and triple check the couplers for the FMIC... THAT would've truly ducked azz, and been o so stupid! :/

Archived